Zeroing

I do this every time I go shooting quarry as to not cause any unnecessary suffering with a misplaced pellet and thought all shooters did but after reading a post where someone had missed a few shots before zeroing and finding it was out got me thinking how many on here zero every time before shooting ? ATB BB

• Like 1

Certainly one place we go stalking, the ranger asks for a group of three from each of 3 disciplines. Standing, prone and over sticks. Seems to be common sense to me. Why should it be any different with an air rifle?

What distance do you find best to zero at ?,as targets can vary a lot in distance.
I completely missed a rabbit today first shot,and killed it instantly with the second,aimed 2 mildots over its head.

It was at least 50 yards away in fairly long grass
BSA Ultra .22

You have to recheck zero everytime you go out to hunt. Changing temperatures from cool outdoor to warmer indoor overnight will cause minute expansion and contraction in the metals inside the average scope and shift it off-zero. Might only be a click or two; or maybe needs a bit more but, your scope is the vital sighting element in the shot.

• Like 1