The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

I can see some issues, that would need to be ironed out , but the theory is positive & good :thumbs:

On another note, i think there was a club discount of 20 + members, but that was way back i cannot speak for the here and now .

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

Well done Dewclaw excellent effort. I would think someone like Dave Sleight would be an excellent choice if he could be persuaded to take on the challenge. He has a wealth of knowledge re Lurchers ,Terriers & hunting in general. He's not afraid to spk his mind can hold peoples attention when he talks & not the type to back down. Atb

anyone have a contact for dave sleight ?

That's the one paulus... :thumbs:

where did this project stumble ? i think we can get far too deep into stuff and it can make it more complicated than it needs to be. At the minute we have an invite to put our point across to the CA. Lets take it with both hands

• Like 2

I can see some issues, that would need to be ironed out , but the theory is positive & good :thumbs:

On another note, i think there was a club discount of 20 + members, but that was way back i cannot speak for the here and now .

Any issues you can for see flag them up, we need to remove as many speed bumps as we can before we get into the nitty gritty of reps and policy and financing.

• Like 1

You know beards and circumcision will be required for all male participants

I'm not growing a beard for anyone

I am already circumcised and willing to grow my beard back...

Where do I sign? Lol.

Joking aside, fantastic effort dewclaw. If you need any assistance then I'm in.

I reckon every lurcher lad I know would join up if it was presented properly and for the right reasons.

• Like 1

I can see folk may have tried this before and found it hard. Thats no reason to not try again. The only thing i ever got free needed a good course of antibiotics to shift it

WHO WANTS TO BE INVOLVED ?

message me with an area of the country your'e in and an email address (i'll send mine by return). We can then decide how those involved want to go about it

I would be happy to be part of this and sit in on a meeting and air the views of the lurcher man and take on an active role. Unlike most lads on here lurcher work directly effects my life as I need my dogs to carry out my day to day work as a rabbit catcher, although not a known name ( whatever that is ) I do own a company that is directly linked to countryside activities and I carry out work for very prominent bodies within the British Isles.

Being the owner of a company also gives me the flexibility to be able to attend meeting around the country as and when needed.

Well there that's my hat in the ring.

• Like 7

I think we are starting to come to grips with the idea we need to do something, Socks being a business man in this area is a perfect example of why we need a unified voice and a good positive candidate to be involved or to go and meet Bonner (obviously if your up for it Socks), would it be a good idea for the people who want to move forward with this to arrange to meet and discuss ? Who would be interested?