The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

I'm very new to lurchers and lurcher work, but I've been involved most other fieldsports since my mum started letting me out on my own. If there's anyway you lot think I can be of any use whatsoever then I'm in! I can make up and donate a few lots to an auction if we decide we need start up funds etc? Or I'll quite happily just pay a membership fee to be part of something that's going to be fighting for my right to run my pup!

(When she's old enough ;)

• Like 2

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

I think we are starting to come to grips with the idea we need to do something, Socks being a business man in this area is a perfect example of why we need a unified voice and a good positive candidate to be involved or to go and meet Bonner (obviously if your up for it Socks), would it be a good idea for the people who want to move forward with this to arrange to meet and discuss ? Who would be interested?

I think you are going to need a voice for each region or area. Then them voices meet up to put ideas and thoughts across aswell as numbers from their region etc.

If it comes off you can't have a couple of thousands people all trying to communicate to one person.

• Like 1

I am more than happy to meet up to draught a set of notes and thoughts to submit to Tim in a meeting, I think the initial meeting should be kept to just a few people otherwise to many voices will just mean nothing will be decided upon.

• Like 2

I think we are starting to come to grips with the idea we need to do something, Socks being a business man in this area is a perfect example of why we need a unified voice and a good positive candidate to be involved or to go and meet Bonner (obviously if your up for it Socks), would it be a good idea for the people who want to move forward with this to arrange to meet and discuss ? Who would be interested?

I think you are going to need a voice for each region or area. Then them voices meet up to put ideas and thoughts across aswell as numbers from their region etc.

If it comes off you can't have a couple of thousands people all trying to communicate to one person.

Spot on gaz area reps are what's needed .... I am more than happy to cover the south as I am based in Wiltshire

Dewclaw Email Mr T Bonner ask him where and when he would be available for a preliminary meeting, that would give us a view of the time scale we have to work within..

tis done ! we now need to sort a few folk to attend. I'll update as and when i get a reply

I think once a steering commitee is formed it will be beneficial for a newby from the younger generation to be placed on the commitee to show there is enthusiasm from the younger population as well as the old farts .longing for the old running days :thumbs:

• Like 3

Your right, but to start off with it could do with a few people who want things done to meet up and light the fuse to move forward with regions etc.

I think as a minimum you're gonna need...

Chairman or woman

Vice chairman or woman

Scotland

Northern Ireland

North west

North East

Yorkshire and North Lincs

Wales

West Midlands

East Midlands

South west

South east

East

• Like 1

Regions how about

South

South East

South West

Midlands

Midlands East

Midlands West

South Yorkshire/Humberside

North - East and West Yorkshire

Northwest

North East

Borders and Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland and Eire

Edited by desertbred

Your right, but to start off with it could do with a few people who want things done to meet up and light the fuse to move forward with regions etc.

I think as a minimum you're gonna need...

Chairman or woman

Vice chairman or woman

Scotland

Northern Ireland

North west

North East

Yorkshire and North Lincs

Wales

West Midlands

East Midlands

South west

South east

East

It wont be easy Gaz but nothing worth doing ever is, I'm sure there are suitable candidates for all of these rolls maybe on this site alone, but a sit down one afternoon with those willing to put in some graft to help this start it up could only be a good thing imo

• Like 3