The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

with the tusks on that cwd and him being the dominant deer, how do they know it was dogs and not other cwd males fighting during the rut?????

Exactly, it seems lurcher lads are an easy target maybe because we dont speak out enough

looks to me like put the attention on some body else to take it off me, long dogs will be the sacrificial lamb in getting the repeal

we can fight the corner for the sight dogs and the lurchers , just needs the support of the genuine working dog men who are up fr the graft and struggle wolves in sheep clothing if you like and at the time of the sacrificial lamb they will have an eye opener we need organising now.

• Like 2

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

Any of you younger lads willing and capable to design and produce a web site for the association.

I could look into it but it could be quite costly to do it right, domain names, SEO's to get to the first page in google, graphics,design etc. you could use the free websites but im not sure how they work, if we could get together and set up a group/club its something that should be done properly.

cant see the edit tab davey. thought i'd change the name as i'm gettin all political and starting to spout a bit. not clever using a username you may be identified with is it ? :icon_redface:

good on you rob no matter what name you use they shall still hunt you down lol get stuck into them mate

I will pay for a Domain name and to get it hosted if someone can design it. A student studying IT could do it good start to their portfolio and they get the accreditation and design advertising on the forum.It needs to be a full fledged forum not a freebie it needs to portray the group as serious and sustainable .

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

cant see the edit tab davey. thought i'd change the name as i'm gettin all political and starting to spout a bit. not clever using a username you may be identified with is it ? :icon_redface:

good on you rob no matter what name you use they shall still hunt you down lol get stuck into them mate

i've never been found yet except when i wanted to

The Association of Lurcher Clubs was supposed to be actively promoting all sorts of things, the last I heard, several years ago. They were a presence at various game fairs (are they still?). What do they do now to try and pull lurcher owners together? I never read anything from them in any of the sporting press. Their original idea was to unite all lurcher clubs under one banner and to give lurcher owners fair representation within the CA.

As I see it we are as much to blame as the ALC in failing to unite in any way at all. Years ago I tried to unite the clubs only to fall at the first hurdle when nobody seemed to want to make the effort. There is huge apathy out there, caused partly by the belief that we are somehow different to mainstream field sports, (many lurcher people enjoy this inverted status and want no real change), and partly because whilst the many lurcher clubs do great work in their own areas and some do communicate with each other, there has never been a core agreement or plan which all can follow.

It wasn't so long ago that members on here were all for drawing up a Lurcher Code of Conduct ... what happened to that? Did it just die the same death as many other good ideas?

Until there is a truly believable and strong organisation to represent lurchers each idea will be doomed to the same failure as the Conduct idea. But who should form that organisation?

• Like 5

Rob has got a chink of light through the curtains of C/A Mr Bonner has put an offer on the table lets grab it with both hands, ,organise a strong committed negotiating team to represent a Lurcher/working dog association and get ourselves the best chance to put our pass time on the front of the table in any future possible amendments and legislation.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3