YOUR OTHER HALF

Guest SJM

Onwards and upwards Monty :acute:

Dont forget though, one very important thing alot of women in your position fail with!

Dont give him the rings back..............................pawn them :toast:

MOLL.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife used to help out as a youngster,with refreshments etc for the guns and beaters,on a shoot just outside Liverpool. So she has always been comfortable around shooters and hunters. She enjoys picking up on a local small shoot, where, apart from one man, all the picker-ups are ladies.

I have no problems with my pastimes,as long as I don't clean guns on the kitchen table :thumbdown:

My wife is a farmers daughter so she has no problems with the actual act of hunting, shooting or fishing. However since the birth of our son, we do have to manage my time far more carefully than i used to and neither of us has as much time to take part in our hobbies as often as we used to. Still cant wait to get him involved. :victory: So time is a greater problem with us than actually hunting!

Tight Lines

Aled

Onwards and upwards Monty :acute:

Dont forget though, one very important thing alot of women in your position fail with!

Dont give him the rings back..............................pawn them :toast:

MOLL.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I'll keep them & give them to my daughter when she's old enough, they're chucked in a pot till then. My fingers are bare & that's the way they're gunna stay too. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I went out with someone who didn't like hunting and nearly married him too so I find it highly amusing when my daughter sees him and tells him how she's been hunting with me...

My last OH whips in to various packs throughout the year which was always nice.

To be honest it doesn't bother me if they hunt or not so long as they don't try and change me and the way I am..! :tongue2:

yes my other half is into hunting but not as much as me, he thinks i act like a child when i take the dogs out ratting because i get to excited, but he shocked me the last week when he said he would like to get a proper gun not just an airifle he asked what i thought i said go for it but he is waying up the cost of everything because he reckons he would not use it a lot watch this space ;)

My partner doesnt like any form of hunting at all. I still cant work out whether thats a good or bad thing though. I would love to meet someone who was into shooting, fishing and falconry- the second i do . . . . SHE'S DUMPED!! 8)

yes my other half is into hunting but not as much as me, he thinks i act like a child when i take the dogs out ratting because i get to excited, but he shocked me the last week when he said he would like to get a proper gun not just an airifle he asked what i thought i said go for it but he is waying up the cost of everything because he reckons he would not use it a lot watch this space ;)

hi all my other half DOES NOT LIKE ME HUNTING AT ALL. it can get loneley some times but at least my dogs like it. :laugh: looks like i just got to put up with it. i would love her to come hunting but never mind. :victory:

My wife doesn't come out alot but will do occasionally. She doesn't like seeing the animals being killed but thats understandable. The actual kill does nothing for me. She loves to see the dogs run - which is what its all about.

She plays with the ferrets and helps clean them out and handles them.

She does not have a problem with me hunting but does not like having guns in the house. I got rid of my air rifle when we had kids. I know that its not the gun thats dangerous but she was worried so i made the sacrafice. I can get another one when the kids grow up and to be honest i never used it. I prefered getting out with the dogs.

I mostly lamp now with the odd days ferreting. It suits my lifestyle. the kids are in bed and my wife can relax or go to bed. It means i am not missing out on time with the kids.

I love my kids more than anything but you don't relise how mutch they change your life style. Still, i wouldn't trade them for the world.