YOUR OTHER HALF

Guest SJM

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
If you have an other half, are they into hunting, shooting, dogs etc? Or are they dead against it? If they are into the same things as you do you find it helps the relationship or is it a pain ie is your other half always harping on wanting to come out with you and the dogs, or do they do their thing and you do yours? Do you prefer if your other half has no interest in your hunting shooting hobbies as it gives you time and space away from them?

If you dont have an other half, you can still join in this thread, post a pic and a wee blurb and we could maybe get some blind dates going on here lolol :laugh::drink:

I am curious what other people think cos I think its pretty much essential a partner at least tolerates or is passive towards hunting etc, my ex wasnt quite an anti, but he didnt like the idea of me killing things just for sport/fun etc he used to call me Cruella and give me a really hard time if we were out walking the dogs and one of mine caught a rabbit or something like that. It really did my head in and was a major thorn in the side of the relationship, it wasnt the main reason we broke up as we had a lot of other differences, but it was one of a number of contributing factors.

I have found that most of the men who are heavily into hunting,shooting etc are allready spoken for :cry: so us single lasses either have to content ourselves with a boring guy who doesnt really "get" what hunting is all about, or do without and ravage the rabbit :laugh: I prefer the second option its a lot less hassle than having to endure looks of disgust and comments about being an evil bitch :laugh: , but 1% of me says not to give up hope he is out there somewhere? What do you guys think is the key to finding the right relationship where you can enjoy your chosen hobbies??

sorry to dig up an old post... but i missed it :tongue2:

my husband is more into fishing than hunting.. but he's a good shot. can hit anything he aims at with our without a scope.

i took him hunting for the first time around the end of November. he was hesitant about going - mostly because of the company.. my dad and his friend.. seasoned hunters and warped sense of humours - but gave in. we didnt see anything but deer tracks.. could hear them fighting in the distance.. but saw nothing. we gave up on deer and went after squirrel instead. he shot one out of the tree (we only got three that day :no: )

he wasnt willing to clean it though lol he watched me instead.. called it "learning" from a pro... <_<

i dont think he likes "hunting" but he tolerates my obsession with it. he also never liked venison until he actually got some worth eating.. my dad gave us the back strap off a doe and a young buck.. wasnt all tough with age..

he's certainly a meat eater though! and not naive about where his food comes from! makes jokes all the time about "If i find out they really are serving DOG and CAT in chinese restaurants then your pets are in trouble cause that shits good!"

and you should hear him talk about sea turtles.... how there are so many of them being hatched only to be eaten by predators..... we might as well collect them ourselves, raise in captivity to be eaten.. and "instead of raising cattle we should raise whales.... one whale could feed an entire city!" :doh:

......no i cant take him anywhere...... all the "anti's" and bunny huggers HATE my husband!

my lass caroline (10years younger than me :icon_redface::clapper: )

she used to hunt on horse back and has been known to hold the lamp when foxing or lamping rabbits

more so before the kids were here

she has no probs with it

the only thing she dont like is the bank statment when it reads xxxxxamount gun shop :boxing:

no worrys

kirky 8)

Edited by pigeon640

what you blushing for? i'm twenty years younger than my husband lol :tongue2: he's quite proud of himself over that too.....

not many forty year olds can attract girls in their twenties.. but he's always been a "bird dog"

lol hunting of a different sort!

Edited by BlueCoyote

what you blushing for? i'm twenty years younger than my husband lol :tongue2: he's quite proud of himself over that too.....

not many forty year olds can attract girls in their twenties.. but he's always been a "bird dog"

Well I am a happy man..........i have been married.......but drink killed my first wife........I came home pissed and shot her

It is much easy these days to find a woman you hate and to by her a house..........saves all the hassle.

O :laugh::laugh::o nly joking...........I love women really :laugh:

Rolfey. ;)

Well I am a happy man..........i have been married.......but drink killed my first wife........I came home pissed and shot her

It is much easy these days to find a woman you hate and to by her a house..........saves all the hassle.

Rolfey. ;)

here's mine.

post-12022-1199299766.jpg

im still available :whistling:

:D If your Scottish, single, around 6ft, dark haired, good looking, gsoh, good dogs, scorpio, WE, and enjoy shagging to within an inch of your life, cuddling for hours afterward and then bad cooking in the morning, gimme a PM :toast:

To the SJM+KAY COLUM,,, :clapper::clapper:

Kay for you to come on this thread and divulage your past to people you only know by writing threads and talking on chat, i have to say your strong spirit shows through, you always have a laugh in chat, and more often than not the first to welcome people to the forum, so you stay strong and don't change a thing about yourself :thumbs:

SJM i think your a hapless romantic, god loves a tryer, :tongue2: Now down to business.

I'm 6'2 1/2" tall, no dog yet, gosh, scoripo or libra depending on which paper i read (i never could figure that one out) ps hate smoking, So hard to find a girl who's not a smoker :thumbdown: sadly i'm not scottish, i'm one better IRISH :clapper: AS for the rest hell yeah baby........... :toast::toast: :toast :toast::toast::toast:

NOW IF I COULD ONLY GET INTO THAT KINKY WEBSITE KAY PUT UP :clapper:

EAT YOUR HEART OUT JERRY SPRINGER........

Rolfey. ;)

my husband did that with three women before he met me......friends all thought he really HAD gone off the deep end... not only was he remarrying.. but he was remarrying a "child" practically (i resented them for thinking that too.. i've never been childish even when i was a child!) and then of course they thought i was a gold digger(but he had no money!) no they couldnt figure me out!

why did i marry him?

well.....

not-a-shovel.gif

and he can cook and fix broken stuff too! doesnt even mind cleaning up after himself once in a while :toast: his ex's must have all been nuttier than squirrel turds to leave a man like that.... so i figure i have the better end of the deal because

1. he doesnt chew tobacco or dip snuff

2. has all his teeth

3. has good taste in cars

4. great with kids

i can hardly complain if his only fault is that he isnt as interested in hunting as i am lol