YOUR OTHER HALF

Guest SJM

Hello i must be very lucky my partner likes the hunting & i got her a nice buck on 1st Aprill.She dose the dogs etc eats the game i shoot & she comes out lamping if i need but we have young kids which hamper things.I must do odd things right as she expects near every day :whistling: but i always win :toast::wallbash:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend (assasingirl on here) is quite into it, shes got her own airifle and has no problem with shooting rabbits or eating them, its just the gutting she wont have anything to do with. Thats fair enough though as im not really into cooking! :whistling: We do alot of camping on my permission in the summer too which is great, last year she went off for a bunny for the pot and came back with a pheasant and pleased as punch! Not strictly in season but tasted great that night round the campfire! :icon_redface:

Shes getting a pup this weekend too and wants to work him with mine so plenty more sport to come i hope! :thumbs:

SHE;S NEVER BEEN HUNTING BUT HAD ARRANGED A PICK UP ONE NIGHT. THIS WAS BEFORE MOBILES SO IHAD TO BE AT THE PICK UP FOR CERTAIN TIME. LAMPED THE4 MILES THERE JUST IN TIME TO HERE MY VAN . I WAS 1FIELD AWAY SO WENT TO FLASH THE VAN THE LAMP HAD FUSED SO ITRIED SHOUTING.SHE HAD WAITED AFULL30 SECONDS THEN BUGGERED OFF.HAD TO WALK ANOTHER3MILES HOME. HER EXSCUSE WAS SHE WAS FEERT.COULDN;T HERE ME SHOUTING BECAUSE THE RADIO WAS UP FULL.SO IMO LEAVE THEM AT HOME.

Came home in a hurry this morning with two fallow does in the back of the truck, already an hour late for the first mole job of the day, the bed of the truck was literally running with rapidly congeeling blood, FPO to the rescue swilling, mopping and generally making the truck respectable for me to go to work, while she was doing this sausages were on the aga cooking and the coffee was brewing, (women are able to multi task), i was getting the two does hung up, within half an hour i was fed watered and fit to go.

NUFF SAID. :big_boss::thumbs:

I wish the multi tasking thing was true for all women, its bypassed me :icon_eek: , I am fecking hopeless at it. I can only do one thing at once, maybe two if I really concerntrate :blink: For example I cant talk on the phone and type on the comp at the same time, I know people who can happily chat on msn or on here and chat to someone on the phone as well, I have tried and I just cant do it, it makes me crabbit cos I go yeah yeah yeah yeah while Im typing and then when the person asks me a question I am like EH WHAT????? :blink::laugh: Its the same when I go lamping with a mate of mine and he can hold a conversation, smoke a fag, drive the jeep and lamp out of his window across the roof onto my side of the road so I can shoot, and while hes talking and Im looking out the window for the next target I am like yeah yeah yeah but I couldnt tell you a thing he has said allnight cos my mind can only focus on what Im looking at and about to shoot.

My wife was a non-commital anti when we met. I've just asked her what she thinks now and she replied that she has realised that she was just ill-informed due to the media and that she now knows that rabbits, foxes etc are pest species which need to be controlled and that some people rely on this as their income. She also added that she would go ferreting but, "it's too f*ck*ng freezing and it's too f*ck*ng early to get up." I know she's a bit funny about the killing element of it too.

Came home in a hurry this morning with two fallow does in the back of the truck, already an hour late for the first mole job of the day, the bed of the truck was literally running with rapidly congeeling blood, FPO to the rescue swilling, mopping and generally making the truck respectable for me to go to work, while she was doing this sausages were on the aga cooking and the coffee was brewing, (women are able to multi task), i was getting the two does hung up, within half an hour i was fed watered and fit to go.

NUFF SAID. :big_boss::thumbs:

Want to swap???? :D ...... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

my missus is a vegetarian has been since she was 14 doesnt like dogs as a rule and doesnt like hunting .... HOWEVER she will cook me any meat i want brings on the pups basic training and looks after the dogs when i am away and is chief nurse when one is injured and now realises that hunting is not cruel and as long as animals are humanely and quickly killed she is ok with it ...........

My oh works terriers and i help him when ever i can, we follow hounds (trail hunting) together and the kids love it all as well (daughter aged 10 and son aged 5). Many family excursions involve terriers, hounds or ferrets. He has just bought me a BW catapult, last year he bought me an air rifle (easy pleased???) :):):)

well my wife is immune to whatever i do,when the day comes that she wants to come hunting with me,im packing it all in.its the only time i dont have to listen to her telling me about someone i dont even know.shes too lazy to walk anywhere so im sorted :clapper:

Well me and my OH have just got back in from a couple of hours on the lamp with the dogs, this morning we were ferreting, sort of together: doing separate hedges of the same field as I wanted to work my young dog on her own without being distracted by another dog. The other day he was digging to one of my terriers, and I guess the only thing we don't both do is fishing which has never interested me, though I love trout!

Pretty idyllic really: but I reckon I've kissed one hell of a lot of frogs before I found this prince of mine. :D

PS: he gets to carry all the rabbits out lamping too! :tongue2::)

I am lucky with all aspects my wife has her horses i have my shooting business & dogs she has no problem with hunting killing cooking or eating, she does come out with me on the odd occasion but i don't go out with her riding, cant be doing with the stinking horses, some days i think i should they cost me enough :big_boss: don't think i could be with someone who isn't into the good things in life so i guess i am lucky to have her :drink:

Well me and my OH have just got back in from a couple of hours on the lamp with the dogs, this morning we were ferreting, sort of together: doing separate hedges of the same field as I wanted to work my young dog on her own without being distracted by another dog. The other day he was digging to one of my terriers, and I guess the only thing we don't both do is fishing which has never interested me, though I love trout!

Pretty idyllic really: but I reckon I've kissed one hell of a lot of frogs before I found this prince of mine. :D

PS: he gets to carry all the rabbits out lamping too! :tongue2::)

Your lucky there, Skycat!

Someday I would like a partner with the same interests as well.

You should take up fishing its good craic, especially nice big pike! ;)