YOUR OTHER HALF

Guest SJM

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My good lady wife isn't interested in hunting other than to enquire how I got on. She doesn't eat game, but my children do, and she doesn't mind them being interested in hunting/shooting/fishing.

We're both country people, so she see's the whole thing as very matter of course.

Since I got the cocker pup, she has taken an active interest in it's training.

My wife is quite happy to see me getting the lamp out and dissapearing with the lurcher in tow as she then gets the telly to herself. :laugh:

She doesn't have an interest in fieldsports or fishing but she's quite happy for me to do what I do especially if I'm taking some of our boys along aswell.

She did however enjoy the duck casserole that was for tea on tuesday.

our lass is spot on,doesnt mind me doing any of it,has been out with me and the dogs and even lamping on occasions..she helps to clean any quarry ive taken and loves to eat it(theres a venison stew on the stove now thats meant to be for tomorrow but she won't leave it alone! :drink: )and to say she wasnt brought up around hunting she's doing well!(her mothers a different matter though............ :feck: )

Mine's not against it as such she just chooses not to follow the game herself . . . and I am banned from bringing dead furry things into the house too . . . she doesn't get on too well with my Beddy Grey pup either - they just don't seem to like each other . . .??

Opposites attract as they say. She puts up with me going off rabbiting and collecting traps but is not really interested in them herself, but who can blame her really?

I still wouldn't swap her for the world (maybe a big boxful of old traps, but not the world . . . :laugh: )

OTC