Your Thoughts Please. Dignitas.

A woman fairly local to me has MND and is rapidly fading. Her own mother died of MND at 62 so she knows what is coming. She wants to go to Dignitas to end her life with some dignity. To that end her daughters had set up a fund raising evening to raise the money needed.

However an Anti assisted suicide charity complained to the police and they were forced to cancel the evening or face being charged with assisting a suicide.

Where the fucck do these anti every fuccking thing people live? Not in this world thats for sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3164220/Daughters-forced-cancel-fundraising-party-send-motor-neurone-stricken-mother-Dignitas-police-warn-prosecuted-assisted-suicide.html

TC

• Like 5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its f***ing criminal that people have to slink off to a shabby hotel room in a foreign country to die at a time of their choosing. There are people in the UK who have to live in such conditio

Every right minded person would agree with what she wanted to do. But what has made me really mad is that people who do not know what she is going through are willing to stop her. For no other reason

A woman fairly local to me has MND and is rapidly fading. Her own mother died of MND at 62 so she knows what is coming. She wants to go to Dignitas to end her life with some dignity. To that end her d

A woman fairly local to me has MND and is rapidly fading. Her own mother died of MND at 62 so she knows what is coming. She wants to go to Dignitas to end her life with some dignity. To that end her daughters had set up a fund raising evening to raise the money needed.

However an Anti assisted suicide charity complained to the police and they were forced to cancel the evening or face being charged with assisting a suicide.

Where the fucck do these anti every fuccking thing people live? Not in this world thats for sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3164220/Daughters-forced-cancel-fundraising-party-send-motor-neurone-stricken-mother-Dignitas-police-warn-prosecuted-assisted-suicide.html

TC

I think its f***ing criminal that people have to slink off to a shabby hotel room in a foreign country to die at a time of their choosing. There are people in the UK who have to live in such conditions that the RSPCA would prosecute for if they were animals.

What a mixed up country we live in when its legal to destroy an unborn fetus, but illegal to help someone end their own life, regardless of their quality of life. Do you know these girls personally TC?

• Like 8

Every right minded person would agree with what she wanted to do. But what has made me really mad is that people who do not know what she is going through are willing to stop her. For no other reason than they can. This country is being run by mindless minorities, who if the shout loud enough and often enough get heard. And the cannon fodder that make up most of the populace listen, because they do not have the brains to think for themselves.

One really wound up.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 7

This country's f...d.theres is s organisation.club. group.society.for every single thing here.you prob find a club for the smelly minge club.why the hell don't people keep their f...g big long spotty noses out of other peoples businesses.

• Like 2

This country's f...d.theres is s organisation.club. group.society.for every single thing here.you prob find a club for the smelly minge club.why the hell don't people keep their f...g big long spotty noses out of other peoples businesses.

Lets hope the publicity helps their fund raising efforts, especially if they start a 'just giving ' page or something. I think people should have a choice. Bad times without some do gooder interfering numpties sticking their beak in.

That is the problem they do not know this woman from Adam. Yet they are willing to condemn her to a long lingering painful death because they can. The sad part is they think it is right to do so.

TC

TC

The truth is they were not "forced" to cancel the evening. They were told they face prosecution if they continue. If this was my Mother i would carry on regardless, safe in the knowledge that i am doing whats best for Mum. The police, British army, Marines or Chuck Norris couldn't stop me. I find it quite pathetic that people choose to listen to this rubbish and can't think for themselves. I would quite happily stand in court after the fact and state my case. If more people did this perhaps we would get change?????? How funkin dare they tell them that they can't help her Die.

• Like 5

TC

The truth is they were not "forced" to cancel the evening. They were told they face prosecution if they continue. If this was my Mother i would carry on regardless, safe in the knowledge that i am doing whats best for Mum. The police, British army, Marines or Chuck Norris couldn't stop me. I find it quite pathetic that people choose to listen to this rubbish and can't think for themselves. I would quite happily stand in court after the fact and state my case. If more people did this perhaps we would get change?????? How funkin dare they tell them that they can't help her Die.

The fact of the matter is, to commit suicide is not illegal. Yet to assist someone to commit suicide is. ? All this will do, is people with diseases like MND is cause them to make the decision earlier when they still have some quality of life, as it is then their decision alone as they are able to carry it out on their own. Don't get me wrong, I think it should be a last resort and as such the person will need help.

TC

• Like 1

this country is backward concerning these matters. why the hell people have to go through such a thing in another country is just so wrong. people with such illnesses thats degenerative as this should be able to do what they want in their own home with loved ones around them for support.

fexking do gooders boil my p#ss

• Like 4

For me the case in question is straightforward, let the lady die with some dignity and without prolonged pain & suffering. However it is a complicated and very emotive subject and divides opinion which makes most politicians run & hide, but it does need dealt with in this country and sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

If you where a animal you would be put out your misery and it would be a crime to let them suffer till they die, but if your human your folks watch you fade away before there eyes till you die often suffering and in pain Then they make it a crime to help your family take there own life where's the justice

• Like 3

I've said it before on another thread its considered cruel to let a animal suffer longer than needs be but as humans we are expected to cling on to the bitter end ...if there's no hope then everyone should have the right to checkout and be supported through it.

Edited by kanny
  • Like 2