Your Thoughts Please. Dignitas.

I think it will happen and probably within a few years.

These mercy cases are getting more frequent and getting major news coverage.

Also we as a nation are getting less religious.

The old "only god has the right" well it means f**k all to most if us.

Hate to say this but I think it will probably be the SNP who makes it legal up here first.

I just hope the English mps don't block it for childish political reasons.

Drs have being doing it for years though.

My main concern would be a shipman type dr.

I know he gained financially with some of those murders.however they get a god like power trip and deciding who lives who dies.

It's the right thing to do as a compassionate nation,just never ever lapse on the checks,as a lot of things do after a time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its f***ing criminal that people have to slink off to a shabby hotel room in a foreign country to die at a time of their choosing. There are people in the UK who have to live in such conditio

Every right minded person would agree with what she wanted to do. But what has made me really mad is that people who do not know what she is going through are willing to stop her. For no other reason

A woman fairly local to me has MND and is rapidly fading. Her own mother died of MND at 62 so she knows what is coming. She wants to go to Dignitas to end her life with some dignity. To that end her d

Alot of people feel strongly on the other side as well pesky, in not having a dig at anyone but, I think assisted suicide is a big slap in the face to people born really sick, go to a children's hospital an see all the wee sick children, brave as f**k, an trying there best to fight of the sickness, should we just put them to sleep as well?

My mother is in a wheelchair the last twenty years, here body riddeled in dicease serious dicease, M's, brittle bone, osterprosis, coliac, skin thinner than paper, cyrosis of the liver from taking over hundred tabs a day for last twenty years, body shutting down, feck she even beat cancer a year or two ago, we don't know how but she did, she has a lot more bit you see what I'm saying, , on her deathbed three times an pulled threw over the years, but she still came out to my house at weekends, still take her up the town, she seen my sister wed two years ago, an is seeing her grandchildren growing, an I don't even think she had that thought in her head about killing herself, I asked was she fed up with it all an she said yeah, she's ready to go, just not her time yet, she would have seen nothilg if she had decided to die threw assisted suicide, not everyone feels the same,

ive just watched my mum die of asophicus cancer she died 3 weeks ago today. she was diagnosed just before christmas and was told that due to her age and the weight she had allready lost during the time it took to find out what it was that it was inoperable. she was given one course of radio therapy and had a stint fitted to help her out. when she died i bet she only weighed the grand total of 4 stone if that. i have been amazed on how long it took her body to litterally starve to death. (i wouldnt wish that on anybody)it took weeks after she stopped eating for her die, she just lived on sips of sweet tea and slowly got weaker until her time was up.

her mind was in perfect working order so how hard that ordeal must have been for her i can only imagine. there came a point when she didnt want the grand children to visit, and she no longer wanted to leave the house. now i think she should have had the right to have chosen a way out a little time before she died naturally if she so wished. no one deserves to be put through that ordeal imo. even more so if they are fully aware of whats happening to them.

• Like 3

I think it will happen and probably within a few years.

These mercy cases are getting more frequent and getting major news coverage.

Also we as a nation are getting less religious.

The old "only god has the right" well it means f**k all to most if us.

Hate to say this but I think it will probably be the SNP who makes it legal up here first.

I just hope the English mps don't block it for childish political reasons.

Drs have being doing it for years though.

My main concern would be a shipman type dr.

I know he gained financially with some of those murders.however they get a god like power trip and deciding who lives who dies.

It's the right thing to do as a compassionate nation,just never ever lapse on the checks,as a lot of things do after a time.

Can you not see what's wrong with your statement, you have admitted, that it could be easily abused, an manipulated mate

Alot of people feel strongly on the other side as well pesky, in not having a dig at anyone but, I think assisted suicide is a big slap in the face to people born really sick, go to a children's hospital an see all the wee sick children, brave as f**k, an trying there best to fight of the sickness, should we just put them to sleep as well?

My mother is in a wheelchair the last twenty years, here body riddeled in dicease serious dicease, M's, brittle bone, osterprosis, coliac, skin thinner than paper, cyrosis of the liver from taking over hundred tabs a day for last twenty years, body shutting down, feck she even beat cancer a year or two ago, we don't know how but she did, she has a lot more bit you see what I'm saying, , on her deathbed three times an pulled threw over the years, but she still came out to my house at weekends, still take her up the town, she seen my sister wed two years ago, an is seeing her grandchildren growing, an I don't even think she had that thought in her head about killing herself, I asked was she fed up with it all an she said yeah, she's ready to go, just not her time yet, she would have seen nothilg if she had decided to die threw assisted suicide, not everyone feels the same,

ive just watched my mum die of asophicus cancer she died 3 weeks ago today. she was diagnosed just before christmas and was told that due to her age and the weight she had allready lost during the time it took to find out what it was that it was inoperable. she was given one course of radio therapy and had a stint fitted to help her out. when she died i bet she only weighed the grand total of 4 stone if that. i have been amazed on how long it took her body to litterally starve to death. (i wouldnt wish that on anybody)it took weeks after she stopped eating for her die, she just lived on sips of sweet tea and slowly got weaker until her time was up.

her mind was in perfect working order so how hard that ordeal must have been for her i can only imagine. there came a point when she didnt want the grand children to visit, and she no longer wanted to leave the house. now i think she should have had the right to have chosen a way out a little time before she died naturally if she so wished. no one deserves to be put through that ordeal imo. even more so if they are fully aware of whats happening to them.

Very sorry for your loss mate, an I apolagise if I sound insensitive on the subject, but I totally see were your coming from.

• Like 1

Very sorry for your loss mate, an I apolagise if I sound insensitive on the subject, but I totally see were your coming from.

:thumbs: . we are only speaking from our own experiences in life mate.

:thumbs: . we are only speaking from our own experiences in life mate.

Sound mate.