A Question For Lamper,s Who Run Dogs Hard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot that Dave ,,,,yeh when I've been on the big nights,,,I take a bowl of food for when they have finished.....   Just don't put it in the back of then van with the dogs

yep they need abit of fuel in the tank!! ..you dont get far in a car thats running on empty !!

This topic has been covered a lot mate,,,,and like you I fed the same along time ago,,,,but changed for the same reasons,,,   I now feed around tea time ,,between 4 and 6 pm,,gives you 6-8 hours to

Posted Images

Don't give the dog glucose its sugar,it causes cramping and can also cause muscle damage. It is salts the dog loses during a nights work so if need be find something to replace these if you feel it necessary. I feed 1/4 of grub at dinner time on the day I'm going out and the rest when I get back.

Edit to say if the dogs diet is right you shouldn't have any problems.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

I was reading a racing greyhound forum and quite a lot on there say

they feed brown wholemeal bread which i do myself sometimes, some say pasta

and some did not agree with pasta something about the flour used.

Do you feed brown bread or pasta to your dogs ?? if so

how much pasta,, and would that be mixed with meat,,? would you use before a night

out on the lamp. ITS interesting to know the different types of food people feed

the dogs cheers SWG DAVE..

Some good advice feed thy animal prep lamp meal I feed meats plenty fat find that tripe a good preamp meal swings and round abouts having thy animal well adjusted to the feed his gonna run on a must shopping mid season or drastic fall in quality of food etc can cause problems with thy animals performance and energy levels and of course sensible resting time in between every couple runs helps recovering and the animals to cool etc. atb bunnys.

• Like 2

No ,,I feed a full meal every day between 4-6,, regardless of weather I'm lamping

Taking about dogs now TOMO not you lol

My life/workstyles done an absolute 100% swing now so got to adjust the dogs feeding for this coming season, trial and error again lol

Cheers, D.

I've always fed last thing at night and for ease will always continue to do so. However, if i'm off out for a shine that night, they'll get a light meal between 12 noon and 4pm, no set time, as i dont have time for that and i also believe that dogs fed on the dot each day are a bloody nusence around feeding time, next doors mutt proves that to me every evening around eight o'clock!! Nah, feck that, expect nothing and everything else is a bonus! ;)

I suppose feeding different times day or night suit some folks but myself man of routine much the same for the dogs ,mine thrive on routine likes has most do,feeding some sort feed crap and get by others need top raw plus other ,depending on routine I feed all same yr round just increase with the levels of work exercise.the old 2thirds meat 1third dry or bread etc,seems to stand the test of time feeding prior work depending when starting. Should be a matter of routine dogs starved of fuel only gets thee the inevitable..atb bunnys.

We where away last year and was mixing chopped tomatoes into mince and pasta .. Something in tomatoes triggers the recovery process apparently

Potassium that helps prevent cramping mate.

Cheers, D.