People need to see the bigger picture. IMO it won't be long after the dog chipping law comes into effect that they will seize unchipped dogs. And any terrier or working dog that is unchipped will be seized as they will say that they believe it will be used for illegal activities. Buying dogs outside Uk doesn't matter one jot, as of next year it will be illegal to have un chipped dogs. This will be used against us.

And as for docking yourself, if you get a visit and there is no paper trail for docked pups, you're getting a lifetime dog ban. No ifs or buts. My advice to all working dog men is to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

People need to see the bigger picture ? Yes your right but we all see things from a different angle the way I see it is if I have a chipped dog that was stolen, escaped , had to be left at a dig temporarelly or any other situation where your dog would be out of your control then that dog will compromise every other dog in your kennels. Not a nice thought losing a dog to the authority's but better than losing a full family of dogs to them by personnel details found on a chip. And topper your idea of having evidence of your dog being worked abroad is good but for me it would only explain old injuries anything fresh then you would need evidence of travell within that month week or day if your unlucky enough to be busted.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we bow to beurocracy again .Theres no one i know pays for docking or chips ,just the jabs off line .Who the hell wants a digging dog chipped ,beyond me .We are told vets wont look at your dog with

all mine are chipped and docked except the bedlingtons as all mine have pet passports as we go far and wide with our sport and if its smashed up well it happened in france lol theres more than one way

Depends on the situation. Most lads that still gift pups see them as another branch of they're kennel. There breeding but being run on somewhere else. So it's an investment when you look at it. So t

Posted Images

There's none of your details on the chip, it's not a concern having a dog chipped.

The issue is registering the chip.

There's going t be some serious money made by the organisation that gets to run the registration of these chips.

If the dogs trust or RSPCA gets the contract to do it they'll have some unreal financial clout.

You'd hope the greyhound, hunting and shooting organisations would put in a solid tender to run and registration. They've experience in doing so for many years with written and published registrations.

It's reasonable for them to say the dogs trust and spca are political lobbying groups who couldn't be expected to maintain the information of people owning dogs for pursuits they don't agree with.

It'd be nice if a hunting organisation out manoeuvred them for once and got some serious cash in their coffers?

Bryan

• Like 4

Be even better if they left us the f**k alone.So a dog picked up without a chip becomes a stray , no change there then and a dog with a chip becomes a return to owner and while were here can we see your other dogs ,no,why not ,we will be back .

Only those mass producing or selling need worry as far as i see .Keep calm ,keep doing what we do and dont pander to nobody .

• Like 2

Ive had the docking thing covered for a good while now,breed only Beddy hybrids or buy pups from Eire,chipping,yeah right.

need pet passport now,,probably a loophole through northern ireland but cant see it lasting with the amount of illegal pakis coming that way whose u.k student visas have run out

It is perfectly legal to dock working dogs in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England. But a vet or veterinary nurse has to do it....... For a fee of course.

thanks Corkman,,thought that but wasnt sure-saw a few convicions of people who had adds on donedeal etc.+miss world on t.v saying it was illegal lol

Spoke to guy walking a patterdale a year or so ago... Apparently he had got it from the RSPCA kennels... It and its litter mate were taken from a man who didn't have docking certificates for them....

Now these dogs have a greater chance of harm coming to them by been owned by someone who doesn't properly understand the breed and the possibility of it self entering somewhere it shouldn't...

The RSPCA have a lot to answer for.........

It is perfectly legal to dock working dogs in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England. But a vet or veterinary nurse has to do it....... For a fee of course.

thanks Corkman,,thought that but wasnt sure-saw a few convicions of people who had adds on donedeal etc.+miss world on t.v saying it was illegal lol

The Anti hunt types like Dogs Trust, RSPCA, USPCA, ISPCA, are fond of hiring clueless bimbos to peddle lies about matters they "choose" to thwart & twist knowing full the depth of deception they force on the innocent public and gladly assisted by the lazy media and journalists of today. The Blonde RTE news reader is another twisted devious bitch.

Glad I got that off my chest.... ;-)

• Like 5