Top Tips

Guest vin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont feed cheap cat biscuits from supermarkets as a staple diet for your ferrets excluding anything else...seen this done over a few generations with a mates ferrets and they always seem to snap thei

Try not to over-complicate the ferreting game,...keep it simple,..in and out,..no fecking about..

Always take a smaller bloke with you,,,,to order around and fetch and carry......

Posted Images

wrap all nets in a bobble, when laying nets, take the bobble off and put it on your wrist, that way when you're picking up, you put the bobbles back on the net....if you have bobbles left on your wrist you know youve missed a net!

Try setting a load of purse nets with the bands stopping the circulation on your wrist count them out , count them in , or when we stop for luch empty all the nets out and count them , then you roughly know what area to like in for a missing net but with brightly coloured nets there's no excuse for missing one

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a bit like Vin's tip if a ferret won't come out and you have another ferret then gut the rabbit rub the paunch on the back of the other ferret and put to ground. This will tempt the other out.

another is like Pie-Eyed's tip put a bell on a elastic band but put it on the ferret tail it does not get clogged with mud so easily.

• Like 1

Its a bit like Vin's tip if a ferret won't come out and you have another ferret then gut the rabbit rub the paunch on the back of the other ferret and put to ground. This will tempt the other out.

another is like Pie-Eyed's tip put a bell on a elastic band but put it on the ferret tail it does not get clogged with mud so easily.

Put another ferret down and one comes up and other stays down...lol.

If you have a lot of net all the same, the help keep count when picking up. divide into sixes or fives the put a two inch pieces of electrical tape through one of the rings different colours for each bunch of six.

My mate puts a piece of red tape near the peg on the purse cord this is a help spot green and hemp nets.

IF a ferret wont come out? its mostly likely trying to get a rabbit to bolt :thumbs: which is the purpose of the ferret being entered into the warren IMHO

So gutting a rabbit, or as you suggest rubbing it on another ferrets back to get your ferret back :hmm: does nt fit my idea of a working ferret that leaves a rabbit to go after a smell of guts??? a jacker by any other name

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

IF a ferret wont come out? its mostly likely trying to get a rabbit to bolt :thumbs: which is the purpose of the ferret being entered into the warren IMHO

So gutting a rabbit, or as you suggest rubbing it on another ferrets back to get your ferret back :hmm: does nt fit my idea of a working ferret that leaves a rabbit to go after a smell of guts??? a jacker by any other name

Y.I.S Leeview

Putting a bell on a elastic band on a ferrets tail will surely stop the circulation ??? or if it slack the bell will fall off ?

Hi no mate used to do it before finders but now I have ringing in my ears due to somebody fired a shot gun next to my ear one night. I have a job hearing those little bells now. Obviously not to tight and at the base of the tail, also they seem to ring a bit more maybe the ferret shakes its tail. We did manage to get some small bands about 1/2 an inch 15mm in diameter. we used to lose a few but the bell were cheap.

Cheers Arry