How Far Do You Walk Your Dogs?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's far to warm to be walking dogs in this weather they are better off in their runs whilst I drink cold cider to keep the heat off ... Come to think of it it's to cold in the winter and they are bet

My lurcher will do at least 6 mile a day behind the van on the way to and from work its a 3 mile single track so its pretty safe to run behind and for the rest of the day just trails around with me an

Too the pub and back the walking back Usally takes a lot longer

Posted Images

I've got a little walk "around the block" that they get as a minimum. If I'm stuck for time for one reason or another they just get that. It's about 1.5 mile road walk with 5 mins across a field at the beginning to empty out and stretch their legs.

That's not very often though. Once a week at most.

The usual walk is either a 4 mile road walk, 6 mile mooch off the leads or 3 mile along the canal.

Coming up to season I run my bitch alongside the bike and build up to 10 miles, 4 times a week.

It's far to warm to be walking dogs in this weather they are better off in their runs whilst I drink cold cider to keep the heat off ... Come to think of it it's to cold in the winter and they are better off in their runs whilst I drink copious amounts of wine to keep the chill out .........

• Like 10

Out every morning at 6am rain or shine for about 30/45 mins of general twatting around then across the fields of an evening for an hour or so. Then a bit of bike work in from August onwards....... Unless I'm hungover on a weekend then the Mrs takes em round the allotment, failing that they get chucked in the garden with half a lamb back each and forgot about......while I drink cider!

Matt

Too the pub and back the walking back Usally takes a lot longer

:laugh: , :thumbs: I walk about 4 hours over the day, plus the dogs are loose either chasing tree rats lol, or my younger dog will play with other dogs he meets . like last night he was none stop running this collie about for good 5-6 mins , t both were fooked after lol , that's got to have done more good than just stuck on a lead I reckon :yes:

• Like 2