20 Minute Dog

No thanks rat face sneaking about in folks back gardens and public playing fields in middle of Leeds not my idea of fun will leave that to you urban hunters to trench them places to bits in your tracking bottoms and trainers suppose that clothing for quick gettaways makes sense.

tut tut your very quick to label every one the same arnt you, when i go up your way its always on permission bud and i will guarantee you we are no trench merchants and i have never stepped a foot in leeds with a dog in my life. but you have got me on the tracky bottoms and trainers you can beat them for comfort :laugh:

but on a serious note you shouldn't be so judgmental about some one until you know who your talking to pal,

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

them 20 min dogs are spot on until that day comes when they choose to stay all day long and its always when they are in a big dirty spot on the edge of a football field or somewhere your not meant to

many lads are brought up in urban areas were its a luxury to be able to travel down the country for permission. Nothing wrong working terriers were you are brought up, that's what you do when your you

Always have one lost a good Russell bitch couple seasons ago stay till you dig or if it was dodgy you could call her out great for bolting get a lot done in a day and do some big spots most important

many lads are brought up in urban areas were its a luxury to be able to travel down the country for permission. Nothing wrong working terriers were you are brought up, that's what you do when your young. Don't act so snobby.

• Like 3

I would have thought when it was legel to bolt to lurchers most people would want to own them as a usefull asset

Thats probably true,they would be very usefull to the lurcher lads that wanted a bolt rather than a dig and then move on but the trouble starts when these 20 minute wonder dogs start geting bred from and sold as diging dogs,even a 20 minute wonder will bare working signs if it gets up close and personal so easy to fool the would be buyer.Like many has said a 20 minute terrier can be a great asset to any man as long as they are honest with themselves and everyone else that the terrier is just that.

I would have thought when it was legel to bolt to lurchers most people would want to own them as a usefull asset

Thats probably true,they would be very usefull to the lurcher lads that wanted a bolt rather than a dig and then move on but the trouble starts when these 20 minute wonder dogs start geting bred from and sold as diging dogs,even a 20 minute wonder will bare working signs if it gets up close and personal so easy to fool the would be buyer.Like many has said a 20 minute terrier can be a great asset to any man as long as they are honest with themselves and everyone else that the terrier is just that.
I know of a few lurchers that would be a little miffed if they were prepared to wait longer than the terrier was prepared to graft,especially a paltry 20 minutes.

Allotments, railway embankments, school playing field , old folks home just some of the urban places I dug as a youngster lol and no Cnut could say a word good old days !!

Same here some of my best days was digging in the streets where I live. Still do it sometimes need balls of steel at some spots seen us digging with hi vis vests ect on when younger ?

• Like 1

Allotments, railway embankments, school playing field , old folks home just some of the urban places I dug as a youngster lol and no Cnut could say a word good old days !!

Same here some of my best days was digging in the streets where I live. Still do it sometimes need balls of steel at some spots seen us digging with hi vis vests ect on when younger ?
I can mind one time I was only about 14 my mate and I had he's jack down on the bottom of some gardens that backed into a horse field . Anyway bloke come out and started on us and looked like he was gonna give us a slap , what he didn't know was my father was on he's way to give us a hand . My father walked through the horse field and just appeared I've never seen a man go from slabbering at the mouth to a mouse so quick lol .

My mates jack was a house pet but because we took it out mooching it started to go to ground and we had a good few urban digs with it .

If the same thing happened today we'd all be up the nick !

Edited by marshman

I could make use for one as a depth gauge to read earths What have never been dug before

I know what your getting at and that's fine but if you find a spot that looks overly deep and drop one of these 20 min terriers and get a mark at 10ft. I wouldn't be too keen on running up to the van to grab a good dog to drop in second when the 20 minute wonder comes off. Seen this scenario many times over the years and it can easily end in a whole handling session, in fact most times it does. You can call me what you want, but I'm too long in the tooth for that carryon. Edited to add im not scared of a good deep one or a tester for men and dog. I've had my fair share of them over the years just like the next man, but I'm also not stupid. My gauge is my eyes by looking at a place, dents in the field if there is any from old digs and maybe a bit of knowledge added into it. Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 1

i dont get no clues feom earths from evidance of previous digs because ther all un dug round here and only way i get it is by dropping a dog in a fast jacker whuld let me try a few of them crazy looking places what end up diggable but look as tho you be crazy to drop a decent dog in it whuld be a tedious affair using the jacker first all day as you say but whuld definatley come in usefull to me when stumbaling across new spots ,,,, to be honest i whuld never get one just saying like