Ghosts\ghost Stories

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One night many years ago when i was thumbing a lift home after a few drinks a small car pulled up alongside me it was very wet and cold so without hesitation i jumped in closed the door and looked

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the

That was spooky, I just read that post and instinctively knew what was gonna be in the next one   Cheers, D.

Posted Images

Has anyone used a ouiji board?

Yes. It was absolutely non demonic in anyway whatsover. It opened a portal to boredom. In fact it's mere mention, now cause fear and dread. Fear and dread of a party turning into a complete and utter failure.

They sell them here in the kids toy aisles.

If you want to know what makes a ouija board "work" have a look at ideomotor phenomenon.

If ouija boards were truly the pathway to darkside, then most of the 1st world would now be possessed by demons. As there is no evidence for this, outside of Hollywood, we can conclude that 1) it's complete bullshit, or 2) that the world is in fact secretly possessed by demons who are currently waiting for the right moment to return, damn the world, and by using this cardboard portal (available from most retailers for a few quid) you can facilitate this and risk eternal punishment for dabbling in the occult.

Edited by ChrisJones

Chris its not the true pathway to darkness, whoever told you that, people use them to contact ( spirits ) but there's lots of other ways as well, it won't work for most, cause there taking the piss, or not doing it right, if your serious about witchcraft, its a tool they use. An if done right, it works.

Yeah mate, but I wouldn't be arsed for a argument, lol, I'm tired from working, an wouldn't be bothered to type long paragraphs :)

Look on their site they tell you what their looking for, dark matter, an all that old bollocks, look what s.hawking said about it, interesting.

Yeah mate, but I wouldn't be arsed for a argument, lol, I'm tired from working, an wouldn't be bothered to type long paragraphs :)

Look on their site they tell you what their looking for, dark matter, an all that old bollocks, look what s.hawking said about it, interesting.

I meant more about the ouija boards, ghosts, ufos, paranormal stuff being relayed on this thread.

Like I said earlier, with the fact that most people in the known world have a digital device capable of taking thousands of hi resolution pictures, and videos, I would expect to see more evidence of ghosts, ghouls, bigfoot, etc but what we're actually seeing is less credible evidence and tons more fakery.

I don't dispute you experienced what you say you experienced. I can't. I wasn't there.

But I can't believe what you say you experienced without some kind of evidence, other than anecdotal.

I've seen ouija boards used with depressing regularity. It's like the done thing over here. It's when you stand up and head for the door. I've not seen anything paranormal and all of the ouija boards spiritual information can be explained away by the Carpenter effect.

Now you're saying that you have to use them properly, in order to risk other-worldy activity?

How do you know this?

What methods did you use?

Did you conduct the test yourself?

What were your results?

Can you replicate the results with additional testing?

Chris mate, I don't care if you or anyone believes, that's fine, up to you, an in not going to sit her an describe how its used, im fecking against any type of witchcraft, black, white, magic,

Feck the lot of it

Now aliens is another thing, ufo sightings are nothing more than lights, or dark shapes, there's no spacecraft or ets, everywhere around the world is experiencing these sightings, go an have a quick look on the tube, its lights darting about at astronomical speeds up down, side to side then disappearing, how the feck could a spaceship an beings do this, bollocks, were are they were there not in sight, planet x, there's no ets or spaceships, imo

Now aliens is another thing, ufo sightings are nothing more than lights, or dark shapes, there's no spacecraft or ets, everywhere around the world is experiencing these sightings, go an have a quick look on the tube, its lights darting about at astronomical speeds up down, side to side then disappearing, how the feck could a spaceship an beings do this, bollocks, were are they were there not in sight, planet x, there's no ets or spaceships, imo

Hello my mush, Francie sorry I forgot to ask you how exactly are these lights produced exactly as I don't think I can recall them saying in the video

Chris mate, I don't care if you or anyone believes, that's fine, up to you, an in not going to sit her an describe how its used, im fecking against any type of witchcraft, black, white, magic,

Feck the lot of it

Fair enough and I'm totally fine with any mythology you wish to subscribe, or not, to. Without any kind of testable information I simply cannot accept it as factual. It's simply mythology at this point in the debate.

I'm not saying you didn't experience what you say you did. Again, I wasn't there. I don't know what you know.

But that's the point. I want to know. I can't stomach belief. I can't accept faith. I'm geared towards overwhelming amounts of factual information.

I can accept that I don't know it all. I can accept that we, as a species, don't have all the answers. I'm open to the concept of what you're saying but I can't just accept anecdotal evidence of what people say they saw/felt/believe/did... Especially in the case of ouija boards, when my own personal experience contradict what you're saying to me.

Give me something that I can test, measure, absorb, etc, and I'm more than willing to adjust my hypothesis.

Aliens is a very interesting concept. In a universe as vast as ours the possibilities are limitless. But the same rules apply, to me, regarding factual information.

Pictures of lights, flying saucers, etc are great.

First person testimony from reputable sources (air force pilots, military personal, any kind of credible witness, etc) are compelling.

But with the ability to fake/hoax this information I simply cannot accept it at face value.

Steal me an ashtray from an intergalactic recreational vehicle and you have my full attention.

We all have our individual outlook on life and our surroundings. What we knew yesterday may change from what we know today. If we're willing to adjust our views based on the information, available, then we truly are moving towards a level of enlightenment but to simply accept, without knowledge, holds us back in a time when we need to be moving forward.

• Like 2