Insure Your Dogs - Injuries Don't Just Happen During Working Months!!

That's a good price, but it all depends on the level cover. I'm paying £16 a month for one dog with petplan. Their cover seems good and they pay directly to vets so you don't have to pay out then claim it back.

They've been recommended to me by a couple of vets and a few people I know who use them. I just got the lowest level of cover, it will pay out £3000 per condition for 12 months treatment. I recon that's enough for me, but I have the option to upgrade if I want to.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Krawnden for clarifying that I appreciate that and like you say causing an injury like that would sharp gobble up that sort of money and fair play to you Leesy buddy ? its nice to see you so co

This insurance malarkey any good if your dog gets ran over and wrecks a car or such? If it decides to take fancy to a flock of the farmers woolies can the insurance save your own pocket or is it just

If the vets prices was reasonable there would be no need for insurance. And because there IS insurance available, vets rape you with their prices.... They both work in each other's favours. Scammers..

I've just gone over to an injury only plan with Morethan, My old dog is 7 now and full insurance for both was going to be just too expensive for me.

I'm hoping the lurchers are going to be like all the other mongrels I've had and live to a good old age without a lot of trouble.

This insurance malarkey any good if your dog gets ran over and wrecks a car or such? If it decides to take fancy to a flock of the farmers woolies can the insurance save your own pocket or is it just for vets to grab a stack of cash? If the stapler,portamag or time can't fix mine then its £47 and dead..simple as that,no matter how good it is or may be? There was non of this bollox when I started out with working dogs,you couldn't take an digging terrier anyways for lads who keep them? Them vets are ALL c**ts and I'm not having it said otherwise..money grabbing fookers..lol

• Like 7

There's some reasonable vets about.its insurance company's that are b*****ds for riggling out of paying.them compare market bollox are shit.buy cheap and regret it.read the small print and some of them insurance policy's ain't worth a carrot.

Edited by Qbgrey

This insurance malarkey any good if your dog gets ran over and wrecks a car or such? If it decides to take fancy to a flock of the farmers woolies can the insurance save your own pocket or is it just for vets to grab a stack of cash? If the stapler,portamag or time can't fix mine then its £47 and dead..simple as that,no matter how good it is or may be? There was non of this bollox when I started out with working dogs,you couldn't take an digging terrier anyways for lads who keep them? Them vets are ALL c**ts and I'm not having it said otherwise..money grabbing fookers..lol

Fuji, most policies include 3rd party liability so yes, if your dog wrecks a car or causes 50 ewes to abort your insurance will cover you. I think my policy has £3 million public liability. I guess you'd be into those sort of scary figures if your dog caused a car accident in which someone suffered brain injury, paralysis or somesuch...

• Like 1

I agree vet prices are rediculous, and maybe the availability of dog/pet insurance has influenced this, but if paying a few quid a month saves me money and the life of my dog then I'm willing to pay it! If somebody would rather have a dead dog than have a chance at saving it that's up to them, but mine are good loyal companions as well as grafters, and I recon we owe them as much as we can give in return for their loyalty and hard work!! Plus my Mrs and kids would kill me me if I had my dogs put down before giving them a chance, and that's a good enough reason for me, ha ha!!

• Like 1

Thanks Krawnden for clarifying that I appreciate that and like you say causing an injury like that would sharp gobble up that sort of money and fair play to you Leesy buddy ? its nice to see you so committed to your animals,I like that ..my dogs are also my companions matey and not just tools of our trade,I spend hours upon hours each and every day with them 7 days per week each and every week,lurchers have been my life since my early teens,I've put them before EVERYTHING,work,wife,partners I've lost the lot so trust me ive rewarded my dogs with more than pet insurance over the years lol,ive lost dogs by having them confiscated,more than i can remember killed in action,ive been sick to the core due to these resulting actions but my love of lurcherwork keeps me rolling on,I feed them better than I feed myself,I work them hard,real hard there is no hiding place for them..even tomorrow I'm off just walking the fells with them where NO game whatsoever resides to my knowledge but still we will enjoy it although i will only be taking two as my friend will be taking one or two of her lurchers?..I'm off at 7am be back around 10pm..you may think I'm ruthless with what I've said but I can assure you there ain't a dog in this country that wouldn't mind a day in the life of my dogs..best of luck to you all and let's stay injury free lol..goodnight folks ?

• Like 8

dont now what you saying andy can you jest say it like it is lol

• Like 1

So glad Tip is alright, and yeah I've insurance with petplan as well just can't afford not to with the cost of vet fees if something happened, just another insurance to add to the list to pay out each month :blink:

dont now what you saying andy can you jest say it like it is lol

You crack me up you do lol..basically what I was saying is: