Anthony Joshua

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

No Gnasher I think you have read it the wrong way.Im not implying that at all,Fury has been down in a couple of fights and managed to get up and not just continued but also still won the fights. Price on the other hand was at the time a hot prospect until knocked down by Thompson in the first fight but couldnt get back up and in the second fight with Thompson aswell as gave up when it wasnt going his way. What Im trying to get at is mental toughness which is the fighter sucking it up and continuing when things are going wrong for him rather than giving up. Until Joshua is in a bit of bother in a fight we wont know how hes going to react , when he is then I will judge/rate him.

ps Joshua hasnt gone past 3 rounds as a pro iirc,so another uncertainty is also his stamina.

I bet joshua does 10-12-15 rounds sparring regular?

name me a pro fighter that doesnt ? and as for how many rounds do i think hughie will go :hmm: :hmm: do you honestly believe that joshua would beat hughie :laugh: .Larry Holmes was once slated for going over against Renaldo Snipes .Holmes response ,the sign of a champion when he gets of the canvas to win . :thumbs: it be interesting to see how joshua responds when hes in with some one whos breathing .Bruno a very powerful man once tagged that was him . he was like a man with twenty pints in side him .David Price another impeccable amateur record every one shouting from the rafters about him ( i said all along via this site what he was ) tagged by an average old man .lights out . tyson aye tagged going forward by a 15 stone plus two time world champion and yes very early in his career put over by a journeyman ( and not forgetting ty only had a handfull of amateur fights so still had l-plates on at that time ) but each time he gets of the floor and goes to war .ruining em then and finishing them .tys got incredible heart and a determination to win ,hes a warrior .Has anthony joshua got the same heart and determination and will to go on and win when hes put in the trench .? only time will tell .another thing to bear in mind when making comparisons between hughie and joshua ,is this joshua is nearly 7 yrs older than hughie .

Joshua is 5 years older than Hughie .....Time will tell who will win between AJ and any of the Furys as im sure a fight will happen soon enough ....I know who my money will be going on ......

As for Ty going to war or put in the trench as you put it I must of missed they fights ....Ty has had an easy route to get to the stage he is at knocking on the door to a world title fight with Klitchko but thats maybe to do with the way the heavyweight game is these days

Edited by MIK
  • Like 1

No Gnasher I think you have read it the wrong way.Im not implying that at all,Fury has been down in a couple of fights and managed to get up and not just continued but also still won the fights. Price on the other hand was at the time a hot prospect until knocked down by Thompson in the first fight but couldnt get back up and in the second fight with Thompson aswell as gave up when it wasnt going his way. What Im trying to get at is mental toughness which is the fighter sucking it up and continuing when things are going wrong for him rather than giving up. Until Joshua is in a bit of bother in a fight we wont know how hes going to react , when he is then I will judge/rate him.

ps Joshua hasnt gone past 3 rounds as a pro iirc,so another uncertainty is also his stamina.

name me a pro fighter that doesnt ? and as for how many rounds do i think hughie will go :hmm: :hmm: do you honestly believe that joshua would beat hughie :laugh: .Larry Holmes was once slated for going over against Renaldo Snipes .Holmes response ,the sign of a champion when he gets of the canvas to win . :thumbs: it be interesting to see how joshua responds when hes in with some one whos breathing .Bruno a very powerful man once tagged that was him . he was like a man with twenty pints in side him .David Price another impeccable amateur record every one shouting from the rafters about him ( i said all along via this site what he was ) tagged by an average old man .lights out . tyson aye tagged going forward by a 15 stone plus two time world champion and yes very early in his career put over by a journeyman ( and not forgetting ty only had a handfull of amateur fights so still had l-plates on at that time ) but each time he gets of the floor and goes to war .ruining em then and finishing them .tys got incredible heart and a determination to win ,hes a warrior .Has anthony joshua got the same heart and determination and will to go on and win when hes put in the trench .? only time will tell .another thing to bear in mind when making comparisons between hughie and joshua ,is this joshua is nearly 7 yrs older than hughie .

Only ones on here comparing Joshua to Hughie is you and Cushtyjook!!...Joshua is lined up to fight Johnson the end of the month...and they are looking to match him with Whyte in September...i think they bringing him along just right at this point of his career...dont you?...two names in the frame for the Joshua lad...whos Hughie Fury fighting next...?

Only ones on here comparing Joshua to Hughie is you and Cushtyjook!!...Joshua is lined up to fight Johnson the end of the month...and they are looking to match him with Whyte in September...i think they bringing him along just right at this point of his career...dont you?...two names in the frame for the Joshua lad...whos Hughie Fury fighting next...?

Hughie fury is due to fight in July against a top ten opponent! Peter fury says, he will also fight in September. Joshua vs whyte will be interesting I go by the saying once you've beat a man you'll always beat him, I know it doesn't always go like that but majority of the time it does.

Top 10?...next time i'm having a fry up in Sam Sextons cafe i will ask him what hes up to in July...think he could be a good test at this point in their careers

sam sexton lol we can get him to fight tys old dad for a few quid tell him if hes still up for it .if he goes a bit green around the gills ,tell him we give him 2/1 odds lol

Joshua is 5 years older than Hughie .....Time will tell who will win between AJ and any of the Furys as im sure a fight will happen soon enough ....I know who my money will be going on ......

well dont waste your money at the bookies on shit odds .like ive previously stated all bets will be covered no probs . :thumbs: and thats any money you want on

• Like 1

peter has already publicly stated ,hughie will fight any heavyweight in the world ,if wilders camp came knocking to fight hughie tomor .he will take the fight. hughie is only now recovering from a serious illness but hes more or less back to full fitness now .by the way joshuas next opponent johnson .did you know peter offered him 20k to fight hughie when hughie was only 19 and before johnson was shot ,like he is now ,and johnson turned it down . maybe he knows more than some on here does .Hughies next opponent you ask ,hes a top ten contender ,no road sweepers for him

Top 10?...next time i'm having a fry up in Sam Sextons cafe i will ask him what hes up to in July...think he could be a good test at this point in their careers

sam sexton lol we can get him to fight tys old dad for a few quid tell him if hes still up for it .if he goes a bit green around the gills ,tell him we give him 2/1 odds lol

Alright Bookies....just thought Sexton would be a better test for young Hughie than the 14Xlosers he was fighting last year...Sam being a regular sparring partner to the current world heavyweight Champion...and at least a name British boxing fans know...thought you boys was talking top 10 British...obviously you mean Top 10 world rated contender!...look forward to it...like i said not got a bad word to say about Hughie...shame you feel the need to disrespect every boxer thats not out of Traveller stock

• Like 1

As for Ty going to war or put in the trench as you put it I must of missed they fights ....Ty has had an easy route to get to the stage he is at knocking on the door to a world title fight with Klitchko but thats maybe to do with the way the heavyweight game is these days

Totally agree,i find all these Fury family groupies almost comical i was talking to a couple of travelling boys the other day some of the words they were using to describe these lads was absurd like a few people on here use.......im sure they think that because they have only been around boxing 5 minutes that everyone else has as well and we are all as naive as they are.......since when has a fighter been described as a " warrior " because he gets decked by journeymen but gets up again !!.......When a potential heavyweight champion of the world gets chinned by mediocre opposition and gets up to win that doesnt go in the plus column it shows he has serious vulnerabilities !

Neither of these Fury boys have fought anyone yet,Tyson Fury hasnt fought anyone worth a carrot thats even near his own size......he is a freakishly built,big goofy kid who is fun to watch due to his size and unorthodox ways......because the division is so poor theres a good chance he could nick a world title........thats great.......but these gypsy fans of his trying to make out like its the second coming of Muhammed Ali....stone the crows get a grip.

• Like 9

peter has already publicly stated ,hughie will fight any heavyweight in the world ,if wilders camp came knocking to fight hughie tomor .he will take the fight. hughie is only now recovering from a serious illness but hes more or less back to full fitness now .by the way joshuas next opponent johnson .did you know peter offered him 20k to fight hughie when hughie was only 19 and before johnson was shot ,like he is now ,and johnson turned it down . maybe he knows more than some on here does .Hughies next opponent you ask ,hes a top ten contender ,no road sweepers for him
and Tyson was offered 100k fight price but wouldn't.....??