Anthony Joshua

Ah Nasher we can argue all night long about Anthony Joshua and his antics but I guess time will tell, I'm looking forward to hearing how he gets on with KJ!!! From now until then I'll keep out of comments and when he fights someone who poses a real threat we can start the discussion again, from then until now happy hunting, and yeah btw I am in support towards the fury clan as there not just representing this country but all people of gypsy and travelling descent

Whos arguing ? i couldnt give a shit about any of them i hope they all win and make a lot of money..... beyond that they,re not my friends or family.......i think thats what needles a lot of folk about you gypsy boys you support a couple of gypsy fighters at the expense of any other British fighters i think it makes folk wonder whether you was boxing fans before Tyson Fury came along or your just hanging onto his shorts kind of thing.....i honestly dont understand why yous wouldnt be willing Joshua on the way we,re willing Fury on.

No Gnasher I think you have read it the wrong way.Im not implying that at all,Fury has been down in a couple of fights and managed to get up and not just continued but also still won the fights. Price on the other hand was at the time a hot prospect until knocked down by Thompson in the first fight but couldnt get back up and in the second fight with Thompson aswell as gave up when it wasnt going his way. What Im trying to get at is mental toughness which is the fighter sucking it up and continuing when things are going wrong for him rather than giving up. Until Joshua is in a bit of bother in a fight we wont know how hes going to react , when he is then I will judge/rate him.

ps Joshua hasnt gone past 3 rounds as a pro iirc,so another uncertainty is also his stamina.

What worries you more.....the fact Fury has been bang in trouble from very mediocre opposition.......or the fact Joshua hasnt been in trouble from very mediocre opposition ?

I know what you are saying mate......its just a very odd way of judging fighters !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

Ah Nasher we can argue all night long about Anthony Joshua and his antics but I guess time will tell, I'm looking forward to hearing how he gets on with KJ!!! From now until then I'll keep out of comments and when he fights someone who poses a real threat we can start the discussion again, from then until now happy hunting, and yeah btw I am in support towards the fury clan as there not just representing this country but all people of gypsy and travelling descent

Whos arguing ? i couldnt give a shit about any of them i hope they all win and make a lot of money..... beyond that they,re not my friends or family.......i think thats what needles a lot of folk about you gypsy boys you support a couple of gypsy fighters at the expense of any other British fighters i think it makes folk wonder whether you was boxing fans before Tyson Fury came along or your just hanging onto his shorts kind of thing.....i honestly dont understand why yous wouldnt be willing Joshua on the way we,re willing Fury on.

No Gnasher I think you have read it the wrong way.Im not implying that at all,Fury has been down in a couple of fights and managed to get up and not just continued but also still won the fights. Price on the other hand was at the time a hot prospect until knocked down by Thompson in the first fight but couldnt get back up and in the second fight with Thompson aswell as gave up when it wasnt going his way. What Im trying to get at is mental toughness which is the fighter sucking it up and continuing when things are going wrong for him rather than giving up. Until Joshua is in a bit of bother in a fight we wont know how hes going to react , when he is then I will judge/rate him.

ps Joshua hasnt gone past 3 rounds as a pro iirc,so another uncertainty is also his stamina.

What worries you more.....the fact Fury has been bang in trouble from very mediocre opposition.......or the fact Joshua hasnt been in trouble from mediocre opposition ?

I know what you are saying mate......its just a very odd way of judging fighters !

Nail on the head ?

Gnasher/Gaz the thing is and I think you will both agree is,Joshua doesnt even need to leave Britain there is some good fights domestically to see how good he is. Price Furys Chisora Whyte would all be good matchups for Joshua and also good money earners for them,the hard part would be setting the fights up in the first place for them to happen.

Edited by MickC

What worries you more.....the fact Fury has been bang in trouble from very mediocre opposition.......or the fact Joshua hasnt been in trouble from mediocre opposition ?

Nail on the head

Gaz didnt you say in the very first post you would personally like to see Joshua taken into the later rounds and take a few big shots to say what hes made of ? That is the same point Im trying to get across.

Edited by MickC

Nail on the head

Gaz didnt you say in the very first post you would personally like to see Joshua taken into the later rounds and take a few big shots to say what hes made of ? That is the same point Im trying to get across.

Yeh that's as a boxing fan and as a member of the public.

I don't doubt for a second that he will handle the situation though.

• Like 1

I bet joshua does 10-12-15 rounds sparring regular?

name me a pro fighter that doesnt ? and as for how many rounds do i think hughie will go :hmm: :hmm: do you honestly believe that joshua would beat hughie :laugh: .Larry Holmes was once slated for going over against Renaldo Snipes .Holmes response ,the sign of a champion when he gets of the canvas to win . :thumbs: it be interesting to see how joshua responds when hes in with some one whos breathing .Bruno a very powerful man once tagged that was him . he was like a man with twenty pints in side him .David Price another impeccable amateur record every one shouting from the rafters about him ( i said all along via this site what he was ) tagged by an average old man .lights out . tyson aye tagged going forward by a 15 stone plus two time world champion and yes very early in his career put over by a journeyman ( and not forgetting ty only had a handfull of amateur fights so still had l-plates on at that time ) but each time he gets of the floor and goes to war .ruining em then and finishing them .tys got incredible heart and a determination to win ,hes a warrior .Has anthony joshua got the same heart and determination and will to go on and win when hes put in the trench .? only time will tell .another thing to bear in mind when making comparisons between hughie and joshua ,is this joshua is nearly 7 yrs older than hughie .

• Like 1