Anthony Joshua

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches the highest level of the sport he,s an excellent prospect,a clean living kid,a fantastic physical specimen who talks well and is a good advert for the sport....and a pleasant polite boy.....whats not to like ?..........I know absolutely nothing about Tyson Fury other than the fact he,s a traveller with a loud mouth and what seems like a silly infantile personality.... and that if he was a normal size human being i dont think he,d win an area title.........but who cares i want him to win a world title for Britain i dont want to be his friend..... these are British sportsmen if you are British yourself get behind them !

And the reason Mike Tyson gets dragged into any conversation about young hard hitting heavyweight prospects................is because he was a famous young hard hitting heavyweight prospect of our generation !!.....of course comparisons will be made !

No I think it will be fantastic is he gets to the top and does us all proud, I haven't said that I haven't once, my point is hughie fury is also another up and coming prospect that will do this country proud and no body is bothered about him.

Then why arent you banging on about Dillian Whyte and Gary Cornish??...are they not up and coming British Heavyweight prospects?...is it just that you've heard of Hughie Fury because hes a traveller?

hughie won the world heavy weight amateurs at 18 yrs old on foreign soil not some second rate olympics on a dodgy decision in his own back yard .what difference does it make weather hes a traveller ot not .he trace his lineage back further than most on here who constantly cast insults his and tysons way .and besides hughies no ex drug pusher either .hes prob the most humble respectable bloke in british boxing ,bar none ,and you dont nor wont hear any of his team beating his drum etc .hopefully it comes of by end of year hughie v AJ :thumbs: .peters already said we take the fight if its available ..like the man says .lets get it on

Listen Brookie i've not said a bad word about Hughie...the lads a decent prospect...as is Joshua and also Whyte and Cornish...way too early to be getting all excited about any of em just yet....and i dont care that Hughies a traveller or what his family tree is...just like i dont care that Joshuas black and dealt drugs...im only interested in seeing them do the business inside the ropes...and as i already said it way to soon to make any kind of judgement...none of them have really fought anyone yet...time will tell.

• Like 1

Yep...100% agree about backing British Boxers...only thing that takes the shine off him as a British boxer for me...is that dirty big Africa Tattoo he has...just comes across as a slap in the face for a country that has given him everything...and whos flag he won Olympic honours under... but i can over look that for a British Fighter...just like i can over look tyson Furys mouth/singing ect ect...and you didnt drag Mike Tyson into the thread to compare his boxing skills

When you have middle names like " Oluwafemi Olasenji " or whatever it is.....i dont think a tattoo is giving you away as being Nigerian do you :D ......much as we Brits would all like to think pure British heritage can win for Britain those days are gone i want Josh to win a world title just as much as i wanted big Frank to......sport is just about the only place i dont see the colour of a mans skin and maybe thats shame on me.....but its also the beauty of sport i suppose.

Not sure where your going with the Tyson thing......i mentioned the fact he fought plenty of poor opponents at the start like all heavyweight prospects do.

Dont get me wrong here...what i said has nothing to do with the lad being black...i dont care what colour a boxer is(Hagler was my childhood hero) or what they get up to out of the ring... just as long as they give it 100% on fight night...what im talking about is Representing your country...if a player lined up playing for England in the world cup with a big map of Germany tattooed on his neck...most would agree that player wouldnt be fit to wear the shirt...just takes a bit of the shine off him as a British boxer...

Edited by AKA-BRINDLE

So far Joshua has had things all his own way,being able to bully/batter his opponents around the ring and then stop them,what happens when an opponent can stand up to him and stay with him giving Joshua the same back as hes giving out ? Until then I will reserve judgement on him.Tyson Fury has been down in fights and still got the win and is unbeaten but Price has been down and lost then lost a second time when things where not going his way and he all but quit in that fight. Joshua reminds me of Bruno and we know how that went when he ran into Smith .

So let me get this right.....because Fury got knocked down and hurt by journeymen......but Joshua knocked journeymen out.....that somehow makes Fury proven and Joshua unproven ?? :icon_eek: .......Fury didnt plan to get knocked over !....by the sounds of it you are penalising Joshua for not getting put on his arse !

As for reminding you of Bruno id say big Josh can take that as a compliment.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

So far Joshua has had things all his own way,being able to bully/batter his opponents around the ring and then stop them,what happens when an opponent can stand up to him and stay with him giving Joshua the same back as hes giving out ? Until then I will reserve judgement on him.Tyson Fury has been down in fights and still got the win and is unbeaten but Price has been down and lost then lost a second time when things where not going his way and he all but quit in that fight. Joshua reminds me of Bruno and we know how that went when he ran into Smith .

So let me get this right.....because Fury got knocked down and hurt by journeymen......but Joshua knocked journeymen out.....that somehow makes Fury proven and Joshua unproven ?? :icon_eek: .......Fury didnt plan to get knocked over !....by the sounds of it you are penalising Joshua for not getting put on his arse !

Bang on that. Fury and price were knocked down by the kind of fighters that AJ is embarrassing.

Dont get me wrong here...what i said has nothing to do with the lad being black...i dont care what colour a boxer is(Hagler was my childhood hero) or what they get up to out of the ring... just as long as they give it 100% on fight night...what im talking about is Representing your country...if a player lined up playing for England in the world cup with a big map of Germany tattooed on his neck...most would agree that player wouldnt be fit to wear the shirt...just takes a bit of the shine off him as a British boxer...

I can agree with that......but its only a tattoo we,ve all done daft things as younguns......i had mine removed :D .........its not as though he,s standing for president of Africa or anything is it.......but yes in essence i guess your right.

• Like 2

Brookie how many rounds do you think hughie would last with AJ?

Do you think he could be the first man to take him past the 3rd round? Get stopped in 4 or maybe even 5?

Lmfao cop on

Bang on that. Fury and price were knocked down by the kind of fighters that AJ is embarrassing.

Who ?

Ah Nasher we can argue all night long about Anthony Joshua and his antics but I guess time will tell, I'm looking forward to hearing how he gets on with KJ!!! From now until then I'll keep out of comments and when he fights someone who poses a real threat we can start the discussion again, from then until now happy hunting, and yeah btw I am in support towards the fury clan as there not just representing this country but all people of gypsy and travelling descent Edited by CushtyJook

Ah Nasher we can argue all night long about Anthony Joshua and his antics but I guess time will tell, I'm looking forward to hearing how he gets on with KJ!!! From now until then I'll keep out of comments and when he fights someone who poses a real threat we can start the discussion again, from then until now happy hunting, and yeah btw I am in support towards the fury clan as there not just representing this country but all people of gypsy and travelling descent

No Gnasher I think you have read it the wrong way.Im not implying that at all,Fury has been down in a couple of fights and managed to get up and not just continued but also still won the fights. Price on the other hand was at the time a hot prospect until knocked down by Thompson in the first fight but couldnt get back up and in the second fight with Thompson aswell as gave up when it wasnt going his way. What Im trying to get at is mental toughness which is the fighter sucking it up and continuing when things are going wrong for him rather than giving up. Until Joshua is in a bit of bother in a fight we wont know how hes going to react , when he is then I will judge/rate him.

ps Joshua hasnt gone past 3 rounds as a pro iirc,so another uncertainty is also his stamina.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2

No Gnasher I think you have read it the wrong way.Im not implying that at all,Fury has been down in a couple of fights and managed to get up and not just continued but also still won the fights. Price on the other hand was at the time a hot prospect until knocked down by Thompson in the first fight but couldnt get back up and in the second fight with Thompson aswell as gave up when it wasnt going his way. What Im trying to get at is mental toughness which is the fighter sucking it up and continuing when things are going wrong for him rather than giving up. Until Joshua is in a bit of bother in a fight we wont know how hes going to react , when he is then I will judge/rate him.

ps Joshua hasnt gone past 3 rounds as a pro iirc,so another uncertainty is also his stamina.

I bet joshua does 10-12-15 rounds sparring regular?

He will probably do more than that,but in sparring hes wearing a headguard and bigger gloves and his opponent wont be fighting with the same intent as a fighter would be in a real match. Like I say Joshua has looked good so far but we have not seen him hurt,tired,or getting out boxed yet, hes had it all his own way so until this happens to him I reserve judgement.

Edited by MickC

He will probably do more than that,but in sparring hes wearing a headguard and bigger gloves and his opponent wont be fighting with the same intent as a fighter would be in a real match. Like I say Joshua has looked good so far but we have not seen him hurt,tired,or getting out boxed yet, hes had it all his own way so until this happens to him I reserve judgement.

Fair enough. I don't think you need to see a boxer on his arse to know if he's any good though. But each to their own.

We will all be able to talk more after he's hammered Johnson and the fury boys. Lol

• Like 1