On My Doorstep...wind Turbine.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i detest the bloody things a total eyesore to see , they totally spoil any view ,pull the damn lot down soon as

A complete and utter waste of tax payers money. It's not sunny - no electric. It's not windy - no electric. What happens then ?? People still need power, so the power stations still need to be running

They should camo them so they blend in with the country side lol   there an eye sore   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

we have a good few our way now and tbh you get used to them. for all the young being born they will be a normal every day part of the landscape.

When it's winter ice can flick of the blades as they turn so a little risky to walk among them, maybe

we have a good few our way now and tbh you get used to them. for all the young being born they will be a normal every day part of the landscape.

When it's winter ice can flick of the blades as they turn so a little risky to walk among them, maybe

There is a warning sign on them "Beware of falling ice"

To late when you've been impaled with an icicle at 200 yards.

• Like 2

The amount they must cost.being a decking life time before they pay for them selfs lol

5 years mate, then they start earning you about £12,000 a year apparently..
Not sure if its true but apparently if you have one on your land its a guaranteed income per month for 25 years ?
  • Like 1

The amount they must cost.being a decking life time before they pay for them selfs lol

5 years mate, then they start earning you about £12,000 a year apparently..
Not sure if its true but apparently if you have one on your land its a guaranteed income per month for 25 years ?

its true, same for solar panels.

We have them all around us and more applications coming in a blight on the landscape and helping the rich get richer from all of us paying towards them.We got rid of the pit heaps and now its wind farms and opencast mining that's helping our tourist industry NOT. rant over.

• Like 1

There is one farm near me that has approx 100 acres of solar panels so far, and still more going in. Must be well worth his while because it is prime land.

TC

There's loads of solar farms round here and all mate. 3 just down the road in Tiers Cross, a few up Clarby road way, a few down towards Angle/Pwlcochran and possibly others.

15 years ago farmers here were getting £5000 a turbine per year. A guy I work with father has twenty of them.

I was told the same price about 8 year ago. maybe the newer generation turbine is more efficient and the price to the land owner risen since then

There is one farm near me that has approx 100 acres of solar panels so far, and still more going in. Must be well worth his while because it is prime land.

TC

I also have a solar farm across the way from me not sure how many acres but its 8 large fields in total.It took awhile to realise what it was ? At first it looked like plastic sheeting covering the fields.