On My Doorstep...wind Turbine.

Where I live we are over run with the darn things,in the sea,on the beach,in the fields,in the hills..we are surrounded by them..I know for FACT that these affect birdlife,we had a Little Tern colony locally all of my life and long before up until those windmills went up then not a single tern to be seen,even the once abundant black headed gulls are now as rare as hens teeth,in the fields where they abide I regularly walked and could find 25 lapwing nests these days you would be lucky to come across one again the once abundant Redshank and Snipe nests that were to be found here are no more,there just hasn't been a single one in that area since the erection of those darn things..they can say what they want but I've wandered this locality for many years and those eyesores have had a massive effect on the bird life here..who knows what the long term prospects for wildlife is as this is all relatively short term problems I'm speaking about (10 years or so) ..oh and we have Sellafield too..nuclear,wind farms,solar farms you name it we have it lol

IMG_20150417_201805_zpsqnzz3hey.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i detest the bloody things a total eyesore to see , they totally spoil any view ,pull the damn lot down soon as

A complete and utter waste of tax payers money. It's not sunny - no electric. It's not windy - no electric. What happens then ?? People still need power, so the power stations still need to be running

They should camo them so they blend in with the country side lol   there an eye sore   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

Just to hijack the thread :rolleyes: I was told that the blades on these turbines are so finely balanced that a ball bearing from a catapult or a bullet would effectively destroy the turbine if it hit the blades ? Any truth in this, or is it bull**it?

I like them.

A survey should be done on who wants them and who doesn't so in the future if our power source goes everyone who and voted 'No' should be cut off.

I like them.

A survey should be done on who wants them and who doesn't so in the future if our power source goes everyone who and voted 'No' should be cut off.

And every one who likes them relies solely on them !
  • Like 1

I like them.

Put one in your garden then lmao

I like them.

I tried to but some moan old b*****ds opposed the planning application :censored:

I like them.

I'm trying....??

I like them.

And every one who likes them relies solely on them !
Why's that? I'm all for moving forward. Anyone against it should not get power if they oppose. Makes sense.

so basically its all about money then ? they are a bloody eyesore how can anyone who lives in & loves the countryside like them ? mans greed again im sorry to say , very sad

An eyesore to you maybe.

Bet you'd love free leccy if you could get a small turbine in your garden. That would be a different story then.

so basically its all about money then ? they are a bloody eyesore how can anyone who lives in & loves the countryside like them ? mans greed again im sorry to say , very sad

An eyesore to you maybe.

Bet you'd love free leccy if you could get a small turbine in your garden. That would be a different story then.

We were one of the very first areas in the UK to have them Lab,we were inundated with leaflets,local meet ups with energy suppliers all promising the community cheaper electricity lol..people went along with it and although there was plenty of opposition to them they were erected..not a penny off the leccy bill from day one,they just built more of the f***ing things..from my house I can see over a hundred.. I call em an eyesore buddy,I travelled up to the Isle of Skye a fortnight ago,I'm sure they get more wind up there than here yet I saw NONE whatsoever..some accept them and some won't ✊?