Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

Turned into a real good topic this, all these action packed pictures going to make me want to get back out on the land one day, that's if I can detach this computer seat from my quichter :boogy::laugh:

A lot of people underestimate whippets but these here are some cracking pics of what they can do

yes there little dogs with a big heart ,mine does what any good lurcher will do ,she is fearless ,well she wont at the minuite coz shes about to drop her pups in a few hours lol had me up early this morning, fingers crossed every thing goes well with it being bank holiday atb bobza

Yep, cracking thread this. If only whippets had better feet, more guts and drive, could run on terrain slightly rougher than bowling greens, had better stamina etc etc etc, I might be tempted by one! :laugh: Lol. Some belting dogs on here and some seriously good action shots which show, hopefully, to alot of people with hardly any experience of em, just how good whippets are :thumbs:

• Like 3

my whippet had 7 but the 3rd pup that come out had the cord round his neck and was dead on delivery couldn't bring him round gutted but its the way things go when breeding ,the bitch just got on with it, and has done me proud shes got 3 blue boys 1 black boy 1 blue girl and 1 black girl and there all very strong ,a big thanks to mike brown for the support and the best stock man could ever wish to own atb bobza

That's a nice size litter for her mate, shame about the one that didn't make it , but I'm sure the rest will give years of pleasure and good company to anyone who takes one on, and if they are anything like the mother there will be six new owners with a well stocked freezer to look forward to :thumbs:

• Like 1

Turned into a real good topic this, all these action packed pictures going to make me want to get back out on the land one day, that's if I can detach this computer seat from my quichter :boogy::laugh:

A lot of people underestimate whippets but these here are some cracking pics of what they can do

yes there little dogs with a big heart ,mine does what any good lurcher will do ,she is fearless ,well she wont at the minuite coz shes about to drop her pups in a few hours lol had me up early this morning, fingers crossed every thing goes well with it being bank holiday atb bobza

Yep, cracking thread this. If only whippets had better feet, more guts and drive, could run on terrain slightly rougher than bowling greens, had better stamina etc etc etc, I might be tempted by one! :laugh: Lol. Some belting dogs on here and some seriously good action shots which show, hopefully, to alot of people with hardly any experience of em, just how good whippets are :thumbs:

LOL here you go , I wish I could put more on to show the gutslampingpoppysbestnight002_zps9e6fe907.jphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV1ZE4fUtNg

• Like 5

great little vids trev :thumbs:

Cheers mate , if only they had better feet, drive and could run on terrain slightly rougher than a bowling green. lol, I've owned some good lurchers and good whippets and a lot of shit lurchers and shit whippets lol but never tarred them all with the same brush.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bxu7YjokBI

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 1

great little vids trev :thumbs:

Cheers mate , if only they had better feet, drive and could run on terrain slightly rougher than a bowling green. lol, I've owned some good lurchers and good whippets and a lot of shit lurchers and shit whippets lol but never tarred them all with the same brush.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bxu7YjokBI

good n bad in all breeds, whippets are no different ,even on bowling greens with rock piles lol

• Like 1