Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Some nice wee runners on here, pity I never found anything k really liked for the kids. Found some real good looking dogs that had never seen graft an saw some grafters that looked as tho they were crosses, so fcuk it. They can do without an use my lurcher ?

Lol probably the best way katch.  

Anyway, your lad still training, don't hear you mention much of it now?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye mate he still at it, he working like fcuk on his fitness, says he won’t be beat again ? reckons even if they better than him he just gonna out work them from now on? I try leave him to it I don’t know enough to stick me beak in tbh, he on me case to hit the weights now tho Cos he seeing me at it?

?lol, plenty of dumbell shoulder presses do him good ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Some nice wee runners on here, pity I never found anything k really liked for the kids. Found some real good looking dogs that had never seen graft an saw some grafters that looked as tho they were crosses, so fcuk it. They can do without an use my lurcher ?

Nowrwrong with a xs katch has long has they ain't got ped prices ask the man on here who just gone gathe whippet xs greys. Atb bill

2 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Nowrwrong with a xs katch has long has they ain't got ped prices ask the man on here who just gone gathe whippet xs greys. Atb bill

What you saying here bill, can you sort of break it down? Not being funny mate, but I don't think a mediaval monk would understand you sometimes. No offence like, you understand ??

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What you saying here bill, can you sort of break it down? Not being funny mate, but I don't think a mediaval monk would understand you sometimes. No offence like, you understand ??

Keep that up and the braying vest ul come out

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I wouldn’t have a whippet cross over a whippet, not seen any that can do anything better than a decent whippet can do, an do quickly?

A whippet greyhound will catch coneys everywhere a pure can and  catch them on faster land free bolting they superior winter wheat coneys they'll catch the fastest the extra power will lend ta t h at bit more versatility with xs bred prices not ped prices even a cheep. Ped if not gifted will be 300 atb bill

• Like 2
1 minute ago, billhardy said:

A whippet greyhound will catch coneys everywhere a pure can and  catch them on faster land free bolting they superior winter wheat coneys they'll catch the fastest the extra power will lend ta t h at bit more versatility with xs bred prices not ped prices even a cheep. Ped if not gifted will be 300 atb bill

Agree with that, most whippet/greyhounds will be a bit more versatile. But just for short range rabbits, pure whippets take some beating ?

• Like 2

The man with the whippets on here has changed over ta xs bred greyhounds and has seen a

What a well bred grew will be capable offi have owned five peds none that could rum a good grew close had a few xs breda bomy farther ran some good uns at the end of the day speed matters more so. Fa coneys and fa the xs they invariably retain the qualities from the ped whippet. The hybrid vigour of the two xes we would use sprint greyhound bitches ta small twenty pounder whippets flying machines. A lot of peds are found wanting even on 0the coneys. I Bern around a cc while and seen a lot in my time and a whippet greyhound from working ped ta greyhound will be a more versatile hound atb bill

• Like 2