Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

that’s how i know it’s a lovely spring day lol 

dogs from pups go right threw spring summer first season then  it’s it stop then it’s only october to feb shaark 

you have your way i have mine i know who’s works lol

Oh Gooey,  like I said a few months ago, you are very exiguous in your brain department.  Lol  👍

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Oh Gooey,  like I said a few months ago, you are very exiguous in your brain department.  Lol  👍

you had a dog once in 1976 shaark lol 

id be willing to bet you can’t put one pice up past or present ffs lol 

your user name should be like a fart in the wind 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Yeah I think whippets and their crosses are great dogs to start your hunting career with as a kid, also for when you get into your older years and for me most of the time in between, lol. They are one of the easiest breeds to live with, generally healthy, cheap to keep and are exciting to work. I had a time hunting bigger game with bulldogs but have always come back to the little runners and their evil IMG_E0785.JPG.d175bd95dc04b87621b4afe0ffb583b0.JPGaccomplices, the terriers.

their evil accomplices ... brilliant! 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, eastcoast said:

their evil accomplices

They are evil. My two have spent the last two days whinging constantly and trying to dig through the back porch to get an echidna who's camping under there, 😖. The last time they got to one it looked like the dog's face had been hit with a thousand BB's 🤣. Luckily the quills don't dig in like a porcupine's. 

Edited by Aussie Whip
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

ye the  whippets ain’t mine  mate lol there a pals he likes bunny’s and pottering about without the dog having to much preydrive been so highly strung 

Some of the whippets I have seen have been to driven for there own good! My little whippet x is a night mare. Need eyes in the back of your head. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Runner96 said:

Some of the whippets I have seen have been to driven for there own good! My little whippet x is a night mare. Need eyes in the back of your head. 

imagine that times ten lol that can see hares in distance you can’t deers before you can and  the means to get to them half a mile away and stop them something that doesn’t know what walking off the lead is it’s just straight in hunt mode quartering fields never ever switched off 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

imagine that times ten lol that can see hares in distance you can’t deers before you can and  the means to get to them half a mile away and stop them something that doesn’t know what walking off the lead is it’s just straight in hunt mode quartering fields never ever switched off 

While you are imagining, the whippets have filled the ute tray with bunnies and are back home asleep on the lounge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Or come back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Each to there own I suppose. I do know what you mean by very “highly driven”. I have one like that aswell that I’m struggling a little with. To me a dog that fecks of hunting up on there own out of site, is a dog that’s had little training. Or just been aloud to do so. Which if works for you great!👍 

This one is nuts. Just starting to come good! 

DB73A125-4C46-4575-A8C7-49FDE0096C7E.jpeg

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Runner96 said:

Each to there own I suppose. I do know what you mean by very “highly driven”. I have one like that aswell that I’m struggling a little with. To me a dog that fecks of hunting up on there own out of site, is a dog that’s had little training. Or just been aloud to do so. Which if works for you great!👍 

This one is nuts. Just starting to come good! 

DB73A125-4C46-4575-A8C7-49FDE0096C7E.jpeg

How old is he/she mate.

Think your spot on about lack of training or left to roam like a free spirit I know a few round here that think running feral like is a good thing lol