Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Anyway, Gooey, never mind guinness book of records or whatever,  there has NEVER been a saluki that could get near a whippet over 150-200 yards.  Never mind your silly little you tube videos etc.  FACT!!  😄👍

lol beam me up scotty lol

• Haha 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Gooey, when you see a proper whippet, then get back to me.

lads have em on here someone please show me i can put on land and things infront of it ? 

maybe get it on video for shaark the difference in speed between a slow coursing bred and a speed demon whippet 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lads have em on here someone please show me i can put on land and things infront of it ? 

maybe get it on video for shaark the difference in speed between a slow coursing bred and a speed demon whippet 

Gooey, I can assure you that NO SALUKI has ever reached 43mph, EVER.

Don't know what/where you're getting your information from.  No saluki will have ever done 43mph!!

Kin el, a saluki doing 43mph wouldn't need at least a minute to get to it's hare 😄

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Gooey, I can assure you that NO SALUKI has ever reached 43mph, EVER.

Don't know what/where you're getting your information from.  No saluki will have ever done 43mph!!

Kin el, a saluki doing 43mph wouldn't need at least a minute to get to it's hare 😄

you are clueless you slip 100 yds on a hare that takes off is doing 40 itself  no dogs reeling a strong hare in quick in winter  lol 

of course a pure saluki been clocked 43 mph about 10 mph faster than any whippet and only 2 mph slower then a pure greyhounds record top speed which is 45 mph 

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

you are clueless you slip 100 yds on a hare that takes off is doing 40 itself  no dogs reeling a strong hare in quick in winter  lol 

of course a pure saluki been clocked 43 mph about 10 mph faster than any whippet and only 2 mph slower then a pure greyhounds record top speed which is 45 mph 

while your tucked up cuddling ya whippet were out shaarky boy 😂 B3EDE04C-5125-4CBD-8DEA-DD9F6C313AAB.png.0b39d1b6d48b910ab9126517b599dad8.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

See thats how good mchulls saluki is ...it cought that rabbit whilst on the lead..

Know a bitch version that's a f****r for nailing things on the lead road walking, mostly voles. Plus moles, young rabbits, young birds and dare it be whispered a young hare 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I think your over estimating the speed of a saluki, or underestimating the speed of a greyhound, they’re definitely not that close I don’t care what Google says 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I think your over estimating the speed of a saluki, or underestimating the speed of a greyhound, they’re definitely not that close I don’t care what Google says 

you get a pure greyhound to slip with a coursing bred on open arable with a 200 yd slip and see what  happens 

a pure saluki would smoke the fastest grey on wet open land on good going which the grey needs after about 500 yds which is nothing when coursing the saluki will leave a grey  and even then the grey will only  have a few yards for a few hundred meters 

even nippy whippet on good going they will be tight to a coursing bred but hit arable wet the coursing bred is gone it’s not even close the whippet be 20 lengths after a min 

• Haha 1