Your Hands!

I couldn't for the life of me think of a better title! :laugh:

Now I'll try explain. You ever remember your fathers, grandfathers or your own hands, worked hands so to speak being all rough and cracking in places? Hard as anything?

I call it working hands, but hard to explain I hope some of you know what I mean tho, I always associate it with anyone who worked with their hands for years, farmers, bricklayers god the list goes on.

Well do you know if they/you used anything in particular an old treatment on them to try heal the cracks and just all round roughness? And what causes it to be so bloody bad.

I know most men just leave it but this isn't for a mans hands it's for my own as they're like old mans hands which is not right for me! :cray:

I hope someone here knows what I'm on about cause I barely do :laugh:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My god how this site has sunk ... Grown men talking of how their poor little hands hurt and advising a WOMAN on using moisturiser ... Fukc me what's next tips on the correct she of blusher .... Look

My hands were terrible for years from all sorts of manual work.......until I discovered gloves!

big joe joyce the fighting man on utube steeps his hands in peterel,,whatever that is,lol.

ha know what your talking about i touch the misses and she say its like a wire wool

thank god someone got what I was saying :laugh: it's not nice sure it's not. I must be a rare one though cause the palms of my hands are soft as anything but sides, top, knuckles in between fingers are fecked :( hate it.

the palms of mine are near just as bad i do a right bit of weights and doing dead lifts and thing like that rips they to bits

i know its abit girly but try put as much cream on them as i can more for her sake than mine

• Like 1

the palms of mine are near just as bad i do a right bit of weights and doing dead lifts and thing like that rips they to bits

i know its abit girly but try put as much cream on them as i can more for her sake than mine

same as my fella his are done in on the palms - the grips so to speak cause of bodybuilding mixed with farming so you know yourself your best keeping the missus happy feck what anyone else thinks :laugh:

I wash my hands like 100 times a day as I'm from animal to animal like to keep hands spotless in case of spreads etc. so I put cream on at night wake up they're a bit better then by 10am there as bad. I bet you there's some odd treatment they'd of put on way back when.

I'm banking on the likes of bird, dykos, gnasher, paulus and the rest of the "elders" ( I'm sorry :laugh: ) knowing a trick or two!

aye you should use barrier creams or moisturizer. my hands are fecked because i left it too long :cray: got dermatitis on me hands and can barely close a fist without the skin splitting its a pain in the hole.

:victory:

oh crap. See that's what happens to me, if I close my fist the skin just opens and bleeds proper big long hacks. Better not stay this way lol

Like I said but I can only really keep the cream on at night, stings like hell putting it on the cracks too

aye you should use barrier creams or moisturizer. my hands are fecked because i left it too long :cray: got dermatitis on me hands and can barely close a fist without the skin splitting its a pain in the hole.

:victory:

oh crap. See that's what happens to me, if I close my fist the skin just opens and bleeds proper big long hacks. Better not stay this way lol

Like I said but I can only really keep the cream on at night, stings like hell putting it on the cracks too

im the same mo, i forget to apply the cream most of the time so its my own fault. yeah and it stings when the cream goes on. but mine get itchy at night some times and it keeps my awake, so i use a steroid cream from the docs. works wonders, but its not to be used all the time.

as for the "old cures" i used to hear lads saying to dip their hands in petrol :icon_eek: hahaha no thanks :laugh:

Mix some oats into warm olive oil and soak your hands in the solution for 15 minutes at night (or when your hands are not likely to take any further abuse for the day).

No jokes about getting your oats, please !

• Like 1

Mine are rough from soil and cuts but soon heal so I leave them alone but other lads at our place really suffer and use allsorts. My brother in law uses udder cream and that's meant to work well but he must feel like a tit putting it on ?

• Like 2

Sounds like you need to wear gloves even if it's surgeon type ones for lighter work cream won't fix it it will only treat it, your hard skin is just your body's way of strengthening the parts of your hands which are being worn, you could try some steroid cream if they are inflamed but a really good derm cream such as Epaderm is what's required.

• Like 1

Thanks for the above tips! Will try everything and anything mentioned to be honest I don't care how wacky :laugh:

: I've been to docs last year and got cream it didn't do feck all lol. I've tried wearing gloves but I find it hard to work about with them on for some reason.

I feel for anyone that has it cause it's terrible, pain in the arse I'm constantly trying to hide them when out it looks like I've been rubbing my hands with thorny bushes and there unbelievably dry. The knuckles are completely done in, but the cuts and cracks are the embarrassing bit, especially being female. I can't get my head round why I've got it though yes I work with my hands a lot but I'm only in 20's you'd think my skin would bounce back and heal quick but no such luck.

Edited by MoChara