Yard Dog/guarding Property?

@ bosun,ive got a nasty looking powerful dog,its not a guard though.

if you actually test most dogs that act the part,you'll find out they arent,i'd be amazed to see any lurcher that was a genuine man stopper.

That thing of mine dont just 'look' nasty neems...

But lets face it, of all the breeds mentioned, why cant a lurcher be on par... because it has greyhound blood added... So my bull cross cant guard, my collie/bull type lurcher cant, Ray's half bred Ally Etc.

Irrispective if you want a 'man stopper' or not, the point is, why go get yourself another dog to do the job the one you got could do... If you really need that much security buy a system or move fecking house! ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had an experience many years ago with some lowlife robbing stuff from back garden went looking for a good collie pup and came across a collie in pup [only used for cattle] farmer reassured me th

Aussie cattle dog,small good around the house,totaly loyal beyond normal and you won't sneek past one and their bite will leave it's mark believe me .

One of these

Posted Images

because the vast majority wont do it mate,trust me ive tried lots of different breeds lol

get a mate to put a mask on and hide get the dog in defense (act scared) while on a walk,shout at each other,then get him to approach you aggressively,maybe while banging a stick on the floor.

watch your dogs reaction.

thats why i said either a yapper or a fully under control,trained,tried and tested dog.

you must have a good one mate,my terrier yapped and lurcher tried to run away lol

but in all honesty i must have tried this with 100s of different pet dogs and the vast majority either give out a stressed high pitched yap or just try to get out of there.

terriers always yap,so if you want something to look after the yard they'll be better than any alarm imo.

my salukis bang a stick on the ground when they are out they will run like f**k get them home got two bitches territorial that will dismember you if you come into the garden without a family member ,. different places different mindsets

to be honest, nobody wants to be bit by any dog, full stop. as a deterrent, even a failry small dog can be effective if a) it is noisey and B) it seems to be committed and by that i mean, it gives the impression that it really does want to bite. i've seen terriers in cars that i really would think twice about opening the door!!

our milk man has a miniature jack russle now its 10 year old and its like venom at any passer-by! his van got brokeinto when he was doing a drop of so he got this little devel, it bounces of the window at you.....if it was lose in a yard i would make a quick get away!

its all in the presance of the dog not size....i seen 2 members off hear while hunting in wales ward off a nasty looking and sounding white GSD in a farm yard with nothing but string words and balls of steel :laugh:

while i sat in the van :laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1