Collie Bull Grey.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/8 bull 1/8collie 3/4 grey hust shy of 26tts

My first lurcher, best dog I've had but I know I never used him to his full potential as I was only interested in rabbits and hare, may have made a good fox dog because he certainly had attitude, hope

Posted Images

To all you guys with the wee bit of bull in your lurchers, can you dilute it down to an 1/8th and a 1/16th ang a 1/32nd, and still see it and get the drive from the bull :hmm:

1/8 in spider cant realy see it but you now its there when the chips are down but dont for get theres plenty of drive in lots of breeds that make up ower lurchers

• Like 1

Never owned a bull x lurcher but some nice ones on this thread. Have to say i think some other breeds ie the greyhound are underestimated when talking about drive or whatever you want to call it we have had plenty of pure greyhounds in the family over the years and they were never found wanting for drive or guys, not saying they are the best just that I think sometimes people presume the bull added gives that bit extra when in reality it may have been from elsewhere atb

• Like 4

Never owned a bull x lurcher but some nice ones on this thread. Have to say i think some other breeds ie the greyhound are underestimated when talking about drive or whatever you want to call it we have had plenty of pure greyhounds in the family over the years and they were never found wanting for drive or guys, not saying they are the best just that I think sometimes people presume the bull added gives that bit extra when in reality it may have been from elsewhere atb

If you ever get the opportunity to run a lurcher with bull in it you will know that bit extra is not coming from the greyhound or anything else.

• Like 3

A bit of a sweeping statement that mate.

What about the bull crosses that don't make the grade?.

Lol ain't that the truth, I had one that was scared of almost everything you could point him at!

The lad wasn't saying that adding bull doesn't add anything just that drive also can come from elsewhere

• Like 1

A bit of a sweeping statement that mate.

What about the bull crosses that don't make the grade?.

Lol ain't that the truth, I had one that was scared of almost everything you could point him at!

The lad wasn't saying that adding bull doesn't add anything just that drive also can come from elsewhere

Yes I see where your coming from, my mistake.

If the dog is bred right I would expect the drive to come from all aspect of a worker but IMO you do get that bit more with a little bull in there.

Fieldsports i didnt say i havent seen one run, i have seen a few (some good some average,some too slow) i have just never owned one. I have little doubt if they are breed right they are good dogs for certain jobs. The point i was trying to make is when there are more than one breed in the mix it is difficult, to assess accurately what each breed brings if that makes sense. We have had plenty of pure greyhounds that did allround jobs (preban), undoubtedly not as durable as a good bull x i guess, but you couldnt fault there drive and determination (attributes that the bull addition seems to always get the credited for) maybe it came from a good greyhound blood addition to the lurcher for example? just a thought really not saying I am right or wrong. Another thought is not all obviously but a fair few of bull xs i have seen advertised are seemingly breed from in honesty a pet staffy blood addition, which is unlikely to have seen anywork of any nature, yet for example people seem very keen to use a working sheepdog (collie) when crossing to a lurcher (rightly so in my eyes) so perhaps the right addition of bull is the key i guess atb

• Like 3