I'm putting this in the general section as my dog is just a pet dog, and there isn't a pet dog section.

I took her to the vet yesterday for her annual booster and was told it's now 2-part. First part yesterday and the second part in 2 weeks time. Apparently this is only this time and next years will be one part again. Has anyone heard of this?

And £54. :icon_eek:

Jesus there at their work aren't they.

Happened to me with mochara and jerry lee walshie. Said cause I was 2 weeks late on their first booster I'd to inject all over again.

I never went back, they could shove it right up their arse!

• Like 1

It wasn't anything to do with going over time between boosters, it's a new thing so she said. Nobivac L4?

oh, that is strange not heard of it then.

I've a farm vet call out today, when he's here I'll ask him what's what :thumbs:

Only heard of them getting three shots when they start their jags at 8 weeks. I got my terrier his shots for first time at christmas and because he was over 3 months old, he got his 2 in 1 shot first, then his booster a fortnight after that, this year he will only get one shot. I just buy the shots off the vet and give them their shots myself. Sod paying for consultation fees.

only needs one dose if its a booster, here are the manufacturers specifications for administering

Amounts to be administered and administration route
Subcutaneous use.
Before use, allow the vaccine to reach room temperature.
Administer two vaccinations of 1 dose (1 ml) of vaccine with an interval of 4 weeks to dogs from 6 weeks of age onwards.
Vaccination scheme:
Basic vaccination: The first vaccination can be administered from 6 to 9(*) weeks of age and the second vaccination from 10 to 13 weeks of age.
Revaccination: Dogs should be re-vaccinated annually with one dose (1 ml) of vaccine.
(*) In case of high level of MDA, first vaccination is recommended at 9 weeks of age.
For simultaneous use, 1 dose of a Nobivac vaccine containing distemper, canine adenovirus type 2 and/or parvovirus components should be reconstituted with 1 dose (1 ml) of Nobivac L4. The mixed vaccines will be administered by subcutaneous injection.

Our vet still does the one-jab booster, but the ma-in-law's does the two-jab at twice the price (naturally!). Mind you, her vet does plan on closing early when she walks in, if you follow me ?

Maybe your vet has had an epiphany and decided Novibac is the best treatment for ALL his patients, and they'll ALL need two jabs to get started ? (Ker-ching !!)

Our dogs haven't had a booster since they were 2 years old, and I've no plans on getting any done...........

Regarding Boosters, for years I never bothered, and never had any bother, now because I take him to boarding kennels, on holiday breaks, I have to have up to date boosters, and kennel cough, which I think is a rip off.

But on the subject of a booster, i have always lived in a Distemper and parvo low area, if i lived in a high area, I would have to find out if a booster would be advised, but who do you ask? not a Vet, as I know what his or hers answer would be.

• Like 1

I have a very decent normal mans vet practice here by me, everything is as cheap as it can be got, this year i went in for all the boosters, i buy the doses and do myself. He said as you did walshie that they are reccommending the two part jab again every year, dogs have come into him with jawndus and lepto even after the boosters so they are recommending giving double jab every year as the booster doesn't appear to be as effective as it used to be. I think it worked out at 12 euro per dog for the two doses.

I'm putting this in the general section as my dog is just a pet dog, and there isn't a pet dog section.

I took her to the vet yesterday for her annual booster and was told it's now 2-part. First part yesterday and the second part in 2 weeks time. Apparently this is only this time and next years will be one part again. Has anyone heard of this?

And £54. :icon_eek:

took my dog in last year for his booster and my vet told me there was a second jab required but it was at no extra cost has the company who mde the jabs were providing free of charge. if memory serves me right there was a mention of this last year once or twice on the working dog section. my vet told me all vets will be doing it in the country.

my vet done it, birds vet never and we run our dogs together allot.

• Like 1