Renterrier.

bryanm45

You can't rate a terrier highly for it's ability to try and kill something furry it comes across "on top" that means f**k all...

For protection this dog would be too small and pointless!

For digging it would most likely be too big!

For looking good on the end of a lead spot on lol

• Like 5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some months later.........

Over here it would just be a Patterdale with some bull in it.

A terrier as a protection dog is about as much use as tits on a fish ........

Posted Images

You can't rate a terrier highly for it's ability to try and kill something furry it comes across "on top" that means f**k all...

something i have no experience in whatsoever, but maybe theyre good at working cover where there are dangerous animals lurking.

coyote,wild boar,big cats etc

def more powerful and robust than a less bully terrier.

just not for the UK imo.

• Like 1

something i have no experience in whatsoever, but maybe theyre good at working cover where there are dangerous animals lurking.

just not for the UK imo.

Exactly if Europeans can use teckels ,fox terriers and patterdales, it can be done, when the settlers went over to America they had to hunt lion and bear with the little feist dogs and hounds.

just not for the UK imo.

Exactly if Europeans can use teckels ,fox terriers and patterdales, it can be done, when the settlers went over to America they had to hunt lion and bear with the little feist dogs and hounds.
In the case of flushing a dangerous animal.from cover would it not be better to use a dog that doesn't want a mouth full or if getting a mouth full is what is required then surly a ebt bred the right way is gonna be the dog of choice well for me anyway

just not for the UK imo.

In the case of flushing a dangerous animal.from cover would it not be better to use a dog that doesn't want a mouth full or if getting a mouth full is what is required then surly a ebt bred the right way is gonna be the dog of choice well for me anyway

Not sure there's many EBT working let alone bred right, there'd be better options available if you need fire and pain threshold.

The dog in my avatar is a renterrier,one of the most famous, Ike.I owned his double bred daughter before owning him

Adrian Renteria is the breeder of these dogs,,a cross of Nuttall x Bulldog(Pit).

I asked Adrian what the pit blood he used was and he never would tell,but it was planned,because he owned at least 3 generations of that family before crossing it.

Like was almost 10 yes old before coming here in the middle of a very cold winter after a lifetime in Warm,sunny California. He immediately showed extreme intelligence and drive.One time we had him in an old barn and he walked across a beam about 2 inches wide to reach some coon before engaging, on of which is in the avatar.

He had a great nose extreme drive and passed that on.I sent him to my friend Todd/Dead game, who hunted with him and Todd was able to make him stay on command before engaging though clearly wanting to.

Locket his double bred daughter was one of my favorite females before being lost in an accident.

She was big for earthwork here,but some of her offspring are small enough and plenty adept.

I just call them a cross,but friends of Adrian began calling them Renterrier which better identifies them than a similar cross.What makes them different is Adrian has made this cross using this family for several generations,not just a one off.

The blood carries strong producing into the 2nd and 3 Rd generation when you breed them keeping the hunting strong.

I'm not a trainer so this is just my personal thought of the ones I've owned and bred,they are so intelligent, that they (to me) are soft to correction. I have had a couple that after a loud verbal scolding,lay unwilling to eat looking up as if feelings hurt until Iwent in to talk easy aand " apologize ".I swear to that. Some have had almost uncanny intelligence.

A few call them Pirhana dogs and mistakenly include Booths Red Rocket as one.He is not.

Adrian always said to breed them back to Nuttall for best results. I have bred to several lines and Nuttall has worked best.

I would own another. Adrian still breeds them.Take care uru

• Like 5

Uru thank you for sharing your 1st hand experience with the breed as I could only share what I have been told by Adrian, owners and some hunters that have owned them or worked them and so far no one has said anything bad about them. In relation to the pit blood used I was advised by Adrian himself that he used Lonzo blood but prior to that he used a pit bitch owned by his brother that he highly rated but was of unknown breeding.

Edited by Lusitano
  • Like 2

Quarter Bull

Thank you and GOD bless you sir.

& Lusitano

Thank you.At some point, a friend of mine who had gotten a few dogs from Adrian before I, had said the bull blood was Lonzo.But when I talked about it with Adrian, he told me it was good dogs of unknown breeding. Myself, I never believe that, and I say it with nothing but great respect for Adrian, I just personally think that he would not hazard an unknown pedigree into such an extensive breeding program. I've always assumed it was Maurice Carver like not wanting his recipe to get out.And that's OK.My memory might be a little off,it's been a few years,and if I'm wrong forgive me. But again I say what I do with the utmost respect for him and his dogs.While I do think they would be overkill for bushing,I definitely think they could work because of the extreme intelligence. Great dogs. uru

Edited by uru
  • Like 2

In a country where pitbulls are legal why would you want a small version for on top work be it boar or yote when surely a full bull would be much more appropriate ? Or any other big powerful bull breed...

The fact the guy put his name to the breed says enough about him to me that he's after nothing but coin

• Like 4

Uru thank you for sharing your 1st hand experience with the breed as I could only share what I have been told by Adrian, owners and some hunters that have owned them or worked them and so far no one has said anything bad about them. In relation to the pit blood used I was advised by Adrian himself that he used Lonzo blood but prior to that he used a pit bitch owned by his brother that he highly rated but was of unknown breeding.

would explain the large teeth

In a country where pitbulls are legal why would you want a small version for on top work be it boar or yote when surely a full bull would be much more appropriate ? Or any other big powerful bull breed...

The fact the guy put his name to the breed says enough about him to me that he's after nothing but coin

J1985

That's a fine dog in your avatar.

But I could be wrong, but I think it was not Adrian but rather his friends that coined the name in praise of the dogs.

As for full bulls,I can't speak for anyone other than me, but from having owned them for years, I would much rather have a small one period.

And as for only being in it for the coin, Adrian has shown extreme generosity regarding those dogs, at least I think so.He gave Ike to Todd & I, for the cost of shipping. Ike was a prominent cornerstone in his breeding program. Adrian has been good to me,and i didnt want to just leave the topic without speaking up on his bebehalf. I don't know, everyone has their opinions, this is just mine.uru

• Like 2

The dogs are obviously doing there job and uru has first hand experience with them and is happy with them so people in another country that have no experience of the dogs or the game they are hunting should take heed of what uru is saying and not make snap judgments

• Like 2

Thanks Uru that's my bulldog Cage, and thanks for putting me straight ?

And thanks General Lee for making a snap judgment on what I know regarding that type of dog, the breeding behind those dogs or the game available to hunt in the states lol the irony!!