British Sniper - Is It True?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11383552/British-Royal-Marine-is-worlds-deadliest-sniper.html

A Royal Marine has been revealed as the world's most lethal military sniper.

The Briton is understood to have recorded most of his 173 confirmed kills during tours of Afghanistan in 2006/7 and has also served in Iraq.

Most of his killings took place during a six-month tour of Afghanistan and he is said to have hit more than 90 Taliban fighters in a single day, according to The Sun.

:hmm:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was over in American playing rugby a few of our lads were in the army and they made a massive fuss out of them over here sad to say it but people hardly turn a head of you say your in the army

Not in the same league as the legendary WW2 Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä.....   http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

I don't think the MoD would/did. My understanding is that it's unofficial. Probably brought about by British troops sick of hearing how the yanks are the best in the world at everything when some of o

wouldnt have thought the mod, would have released that kind of information ,, !!.

although its probebly right /

I don't think the MoD would/did. My understanding is that it's unofficial. Probably brought about by British troops sick of hearing how the yanks are the best in the world at everything when some of our lads have been there, done it and in some cases bettered it.

It ain't a competition but credit where it's due. The RM sniper course is considered one of the hardest military courses in the world and I believe I am correct in saying that RM snipers have been responsible for setting up some of the US sniper courses (might be wrong).

Still might be bollocks but there is plenty of fairly amazing shit our lads have done that just doesn't get 1% of the publicity it would if a yank had done it.

• Like 4

When I was over in American playing rugby a few of our lads were in the army and they made a massive fuss out of them over here sad to say it but people hardly turn a head of you say your in the army !! The yanks do really respect their boys and fair play to them !!

• Like 6