Other Hobbies

Learning to fly a microlight,got a lesson next week,its a long protracted process for me,mechanically I aint the brightest,got a metal detector in storage in the UK an old minicab found all-sorts with it in the past,nowadays theres a whole range that cost up to 4 thousand quid fitted with GPS so you can pinpoint your exact find location when you download your days route and info onto your laptop when your home,fascinating hobby if your into history even though people view detectorists as anoraks :laugh: They won't be laughing when you dig to a signal and that million quids worth of coins shows gold in the bottom of the hole mate,be lucky :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit boring to some but i like to keep tropical and marine fish ..i would prefer to sit watching the fish than the telly any day . .

My Mrs got me a camera a printer and camcorder today im well chuffed cant wait to get out and yous them

Enjoy Watching Birds Of Prey & The Garden Birds , See Bop When Out Mooching With The Dogs & Spend A Good Few Quid A Week On Food For The Garden Birds I Get & Worth Every Penny , Should Rea

Posted Images

theres 2 british magazines dedicated to it mate,ones called The searcher the other is something like Metal Detecting?Its worth getting a mag even just once for an indication as to whats happening in the game,you NEVER know what your next signal is going to reveal ;) Get onto google earth,its a useful search area tool as old footpaths and long gone buildings reveal themselves,mny a time I looked and found old footpath shadows,be lucky.

theres 2 british magazines dedicated to it mate,ones called The searcher the other is something like Metal Detecting?Its worth getting a mag even just once for an indication as to whats happening in the game,you NEVER know what your next signal is going to reveal ;) Get onto google earth,its a useful search area tool as old footpaths and long gone buildings reveal themselves,mny a time I looked and found old footpath shadows,be lucky.

done,done and done mate. I subscribed to the searcher yesterday but im yet to read a copy. There's a dedicated detectorist forum too which is full of all the info you could ever need. Can't wait to find a real bit of history. A medieval Henry VIII hammered coin is what I'm aiming for.

• Like 1

Not done snow boarding for a good couple years miss that , football f****d now after achillies tendon snapped , so I took up curling last year ?quite enjoy it , and there's s few farmers do it as well ?

:laugh: is that when you slide down the ice on your knee with the broom :laugh:

it goes something like that yea very tactical you wouldn't manage with your pee brain ??????

Other than getting out with my camera , I have a go at loads of things , to kill time when i get in from work during the winter , none of the stuff I do is for anything particular other than to look at , pretty basic really , I made this earlier out of an old book , the spine & hardback cover was damaged , so I guess it will pass as a kind of recycled sculpture of sorts :thumbs:

post-3174-0-18962700-1422833858_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Not done snow boarding for a good couple years miss that , football f****d now after achillies tendon snapped , so I took up curling last year quite enjoy it , and there's s few farmers do it as well

I rang john when he was up yours and he said you was out curling... Thought he meant you were going fir a shit at first lol..

So are you a curler or a brusher?? Or do you do both, like the look of that game. Do you have to be able to ice skate?

lol . I took it like duck to water with doing snowboarding and having steady balance , it's getting you're weight right for throughing the stones to the house , I'm playing lead or third just now ? yea do a lot if brushing , there will be s club near you kev probably to something's on a day morning or come up with John and Owens next week for couple O days ???

Not done snow boarding for a good couple years miss that , football f****d now after achillies tendon snapped , so I took up curling last year quite enjoy it , and there's s few farmers do it as well

I rang john when he was up yours and he said you was out curling... Thought he meant you were going fir a shit at first lol..

So are you a curler or a brusher?? Or do you do both, like the look of that game. Do you have to be able to ice skate?

lol . I took it like duck to water with doing snowboarding and having steady balance , it's getting you're weight right for throughing the stones to the house , I'm playing lead or third just now ? yea do a lot if brushing , there will be s club near you kev probably to something's on a Sunday day morning or come up with John and Owens next week for couple O days ???
  • Like 1

Other than getting out with my camera , I have a go at loads of things , to kill time when i get in from work during the winter , none of the stuff I do is for anything particular other than to look at , pretty basic really , I made this earlier out of an old book , the spine & hardback cover was damaged , so I guess it will pass as a kind of recycled sculpture of sorts :thumbs:

IMG_6184.JPG

very good thought?

IMG_6184.JPG

very good thought?

No treasure yet haha. I gotta admit I really enjoy this. attachicon.gifimage.jpg1_1.JPGattachicon.gifimage.jpg1_3.JPG

i got some lads i know out of the village a days detecting on a big farm up yorkshire i ferret on , next time i saw them i asked if they dropped farmer a bottle of whisky off or thanked him they said no , next time they asked i said farmer says you cant go back on , 2 years later my lad told me they found a bracelet & got £18.000 for it !!!!!

• Like 1

Not done snow boarding for a good couple years miss that , football f****d now after achillies tendon snapped , so I took up curling last year ?quite enjoy it , and there's s few farmers do it as well ?

:laugh: is that when you slide down the ice on your knee with the broom :laugh:
it goes something like that yea very tactical you wouldn't manage with your pee brain ??????

Brush away young fellow :laugh:

• Like 1

No treasure yet haha. I gotta admit I really enjoy this. attachicon.gifimage.jpg1_1.JPGattachicon.gifimage.jpg1_3.JPG

i got some lads i know out of the village a days detecting on a big farm up yorkshire i ferret on , next time i saw them i asked if they dropped farmer a bottle of whisky off or thanked him they said no , next time they asked i said farmer says you cant go back on , 2 years later my lad told me they found a bracelet & got £18.000 for it !!!!!

Lucky gets!