Opinions On What % In A Bull X Gh

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I run a half x as you no and and he's has a lot to offer in the tasks I ask of him and dose the job to a high standered . Also I have a 5/8s 3/8s and he also dose everything I ask of him this is a pic

Okay for starters, as someone who gets less opportunity to get out lamping than others - I need 2 dogs. I work nights so when that night off work crops up - I AM GOING OUT. So I need 2 dogs to guarant

Halfx for vermin. You want to run fast stuff then outcross to a decent coursing type. Hardly rocket science. Tbh folk get too hung up percentages and end up breeding for looks instead of workability.

Posted Images

Everyone to there own if somebody wants 2 3 4 5 dogs what's it matter if he isn't getting out enough I'm sure the dogs are well looked after . I've 3 on but only run 1 at a time don't take them both out under lamp together atb with this

Refer to my original post geting fed up tbh am off out with my 50 dogs to try and find 1 rabbit they can run

Try the edge of the motorway mate, might find one that is after getting a slap of a car and wont be able to run very fast!!! :) lol, you set yourself up for this one!!!

cheers fd will look shortly

Having more than one dog can raise problems especially when training a pup, dogs become jealous and such. I wouldn't advise it unless you can take them out separately until they are old enough and wise enough.

true that :thumbs: suppose its having enough game to go at as well, with 1 dog never mind 2-3 .But sometimes you hear of good lurcher line doing the business season after season, and a litter on the floor . you think these don't come round that often , so you really think about having one . maybe you shouldn't but you only pass this way once, so you give it a go.But even if you not getting enough game for them at least you+ dogs are getting fitter out looking for it .lol

• Like 2

Having more than one dog can raise problems especially when training a pup, dogs become jealous and such. I wouldn't advise it unless you can take them out separately until they are old enough and wise enough.

I disagree with this... If you have a well trained adult dog doing everything you want half your work is done bringing on a pup

• Like 2

I disagree with this... If you have a well trained adult dog doing everything you want half your work is done bringing on a pup

I don't agree with that.... Well trained dogs can easily become a nuisance especially after a chase and a catch, my old Collie cross was pretty well trained until out with other dogs. Jealousy got the better of it when out hunting, nothing worse than seeing a dog running all over the place with its catch getting chased by another dog. Edited by DogFox123

No one is saying "gaffer can't have x amount of dogs" gaz and as you say that's no one's business but if you ask stuff on here you are bound to have opinions aired , and you can't make some one Stay on topic if you err yourself .

find 2 bull x's doing the kind of work, to your desired standard, on the type of land you run. And assuming they are a dog and bitch breed 'em. it's not rocket science. All them fractions just blind folk to how good a dog or isn't, before they have seen it graft

• Like 4

Me personally being a moocher I enjoy watching dogs work seen me doing 2 dogs working reed beds and bracken and having another on the slip sorry nothing to do with bull crosses just justifying having more than one dog

Edited by nothernlite

I personally like a bull cross to be able to catch most things

And have heart to see the job done

That should be the standard you judge a dog by,not what breeds or % of breeds are in there ,

So gaffer,to answer your thread ,the correct % of bull in a bull cross is the dog that is in front of you doing the business,if that's a 1/2 then it's a 1/2. Simple

• Like 2