Gamekeeper Jailed

no sympathy from me same as he wouldn't me if I was caught taking game of hes estate . He broke the law and got caught end of !

Like Ali I have also met Mutchie and thought he was a decent lad ....So you think he deserved 4 months jail for killing a bop marshman ?...have you seen the video evidence that put him down you need to get a grip lad
Dont try and twist my words MIK I never said I thought he deserved time . In the same way i don't think you should get time for digging or coursing or taking deer but at the end of the day if I'm caught doing so then I won't squeal about it because I knew it was illegal and I took my chances !
  • Like 3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Bludgeoned to death".........lol Ffs do you work for the media. Get a grip!!!!!

no sympathy from me same as he wouldn't me if I was caught taking game of hes estate . He broke the law and got caught end of !

On top of jail time he'll have also lost his game keeping licence too, and if that's all the lad knows then he's f****d when he gets out too, do I understand why he did it? Yes. Do I agree? No. But t

Putting Down Pheasants Has & Will Always Attract Predators Which Then Need Managed , But Any Unbalance To Nature Is Created By The Shoot !! This Bloke Must Of Knew The Score Concerning These Birds .

What is the natural state though mate? The land that our wildlife evolved to live in changed from its natural state about 1000 years before game shooting started when the forests were cleared for farming and human habitation. We've been managing the populations of wild animals for one reason or another for a very long time..
Wildlife Has Evolved Around Our Managment Of The Countryside . . And Putting A Few Thousand Easy Meals Down Will Always Created An Unbalance To The Norm , And Any Keeper , Estate Manager Ect Who Thinks Differently Is Kidding Themselves , People Saying There's Too Many Bop Need To Look At The Environment There's Too Many & I Guarentee It Will Be In Or Around A Shoot , Why Because Of The Unnatural Amount Of Prey On The Ground !!

What's your point mate.?

Yes when theres an easy food source then vermin will flourish. The point is you should then be able to protect your stock by controlling the vermin.

That Is My Point The Easy Food Source & How It Creates More Predators . . I Don't Think Gos Hawks Are On The Vermin List As If They Where We Wouldn't Be Having This Debate !!

Lanesra, I've seen a LOT of the Scottish countryside I soendevery day in it, and towns and about every habitat it has to offer, and I'll tell you for a fact that what you said is wrong, no iffs or buts it's wrong. I've seen buzzards sitting in the middle of housing schemes. A sea eagle sitting on a church roof in a town, a peregrine sitting on a building roof in 1 of the biggest towns in the Scottish borders, go anywhere in Scotland and you'll see TOO MANY buzzards, on land with not a shooting estate for miles and miles. fact the only bop number ive seen decline is the poor wee kestrel, funny that buzzards go up and up kestrels come down and down, everyone's entiyled to opinions mate which is fair enough but voicing an opinion and voicing facts that are false.....

Lanesra, I've seen a LOT of the Scottish countryside I soendevery day in it, and towns and about every habitat it has to offer, and I'll tell you for a fact that what you said is wrong, no iffs or buts it's wrong. I've seen buzzards sitting in the middle of housing schemes. A sea eagle sitting on a church roof in a town, a peregrine sitting on a building roof in 1 of the biggest towns in the Scottish borders, go anywhere in Scotland and you'll see TOO MANY buzzards, on land with not a shooting estate for miles and miles. fact the only bop number ive seen decline is the poor wee kestrel, funny that buzzards go up and up kestrels come down and down, everyone's entiyled to opinions mate which is fair enough but voicing an opinion and voicing facts that are false.....

Does that not then show you that the land is capable of sustaining those numbers even without game birds? Because if there was not enough food for them they would not be there. Simples really.

TC

Does that not then show you that the land is capable of sustaining those numbers even without game birds? Because if there was not enough food for them they would not be there. Simples really.

TC

I believe that this may have been an accurate assessment decades ago, but the buzzards today are in unnaturally high populations due to the amount of roadkill on the roads. The roads are keeping populations too high. Thats my HO.

• Like 1

Have I Missed Something Here Where Talking About Gos Hawks . . So Grant Your Saying FOR A FACT Putting Game Birds Down Doesn't Attract More Predators Which Helps Them Become More Numerous ??

Simples really? Aye really......

What that shows me is over population, buzzards are not supposed to live in housing schemes sea eagles shouldn't be 7 miles inland with nothing but a ressie and a few duck ponds for miles, so could we say the same about foxes then? Mangey stinking foxes pulling bins apart in city centres? Surely they must be there or the land wouldn't sustain them, that's why we freeze the nuts off ourselves and pan our selves in trying to control deer in the highlands we should just leave them all the land can sustain them... Tiercel says, that's why they are there.

Everything needs controlled, every predator on earth needs controlled if something doesn't have a natural predator or its over populating then it needs controlled, it doesn't need wiped out it needs controlled.

All these people voicing opinions on a gamekeeper if they ain't walked that way of life why comment? There isn't a person more capable of looking after the countryside than a keeper, imo

Of course it wod they are scavanging feckers and poults are an easy meal, but you said if there's too many you'll guarentee it will be in or around a shoot, and I said it won't, it will be all over the place from housing estates to motorway marker posts

I'm Lost Grant Your Saying "Of Course It Would" (Are You Refering To My Opinion Where Birds Are Released It Will Create More Predators Which Will Increase There Numbers) . . Then You State Correctly That I'm Saying Around A Shoot Will Create More Predators (ie Bop) But Your Saying It Won't . . Thats 2 Different Answers ?? The Food Chain Dictates Natures Balance & A Shoot Massivly Increases That Food Chain Which Increases The Numbers Off Wildlife In That Area !!

I'm Lost Grant Your Saying "Of Course It Would" (Are You Refering To My Opinion Where Birds Are Released It Will Create More Predators Which Will Increase There Numbers) . . Then You State Correctly That I'm Saying Around A Shoot Will Create More Predators (ie Bop) But Your Saying It Won't . . Thats 2 Different Answers ?? The Food Chain Dictates Natures Balance & A Shoot Massivly Increases That Food Chain Which Increases The Numbers Off Wildlife In That Area !!

:thumbs:

So given that pheasant poults are really only vulnerable to predation for 4-6 weeks after release what do you armchair experts think they buzzards eat for the other 48 weeks of the year

P,s using Google is cheating

• Like 1

Don't know how your lost. You said " people saying there's too many need to look at the environment there's too many and I guarentee it will be in or around a shoot"......I said no it won't, you were referring to "too many"= over population. So there's a buzzard sitting in a housing scheme miles and miles and miles and miles from the nearest shoot, that's a sign to me of over population, nowhere near the shoot you "guaranteed" the overpopulation would be happening " in or around"

When I said of course it would I ment it like this imagine 500 wee burds with short skirts on it will attract males. Pheasants will attract buzzards or predators but not from far and wide they don't fly about shouting "cmon lads mon over to ma patch......there's a release pen. But any birds in the general vicinity would obviously be attracted by an easy meal.

Does that make it right then that because a poult could attract a predator who sees it as an easy meal does that make it ok? and for the record I'm not saying kill all bops I'm saying there's too many of certain species and they should be controlled, not wiped out but controlled.

I'll bet they do come from far and wide, 10 miles doesn't take long at 20 mph in a straight line. And the reason you see them in built up areas ........ it's warm ! 20 minute glide for breakfast then nip back to somewhere warmer.

So given that pheasant poults are really only vulnerable to predation for 4-6 weeks after release what do you armchair experts think they buzzards eat for the other 48 weeks of the year

P,s using Google is cheating

Left overs ?