Gamekeeper Jailed

Ok rod, I'll take your word for it mate, I've spent as long as I can remember learning about the outdoors and making my own assumptions up aswell as being taught from guys who have spent all their lives in the job, and you and tiercel have just put all my theories out the window with them reasons, simples really.

By the way buzzards are the most lazy feckers going hence the reason many guys who use bops for hunting have Harris Hawks on their arm rather than these birds that will fly 10 miles for a munch at a poult.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Bludgeoned to death".........lol Ffs do you work for the media. Get a grip!!!!!

no sympathy from me same as he wouldn't me if I was caught taking game of hes estate . He broke the law and got caught end of !

On top of jail time he'll have also lost his game keeping licence too, and if that's all the lad knows then he's f****d when he gets out too, do I understand why he did it? Yes. Do I agree? No. But t

They are soaring mate, it requires a lot less energy than proper flying.

exactly, and you see them soaring for miles. So they can more or less soar to the birds, checking for other prey on the way then return.

I could be wrong but I don't think 10 miles or so would cost them much energy or effort.

Ok rod, not too much effort, imagine flying 10 miles back home after filling up on a pheasant against the wind, not too much effort? I've seen Eagles soar for miles not buzzards.

So do you think they are experimental on feeding grounds then? Today lads see that wood 10 miles away up there doon fae that rock well fly over there see if there's a release pen.

We all have opinions mate I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying in my opinion they wouldn't travel as far for a meal, and from what I've seen and learnt about buzzards is they are pretty lazy big things.

One of the estates I worked on we had lots of buzzards everywhere we had a pheasant pen that had a perimeter of 800 metres with no other pens roundabout a 3000 acre estate, all the buzzards in that area didn't come to that pen or we would have been in major trouble and there wasn't another shooting estate for miles and miles roundabout

Edited by grant_c

There must be lot of pressure on some keepers nowadays where they have a budget regarding the amount of birds they can rear and are then expected to show good sport several times a year.

I'm sure no keeper wants to break the law and I'd say most don't but for a few it must be "damned if you do, damned if you don't" and if sport gets bad there's plenty more keepers out there looking for a position.

But, I see now that a shoot owner has been prosecuted over some actions carried out on his shoot.

If this happens now and again it might take some pressure of the keepers.

• Like 1