Gamekeeper Jailed

one thing always I find strange , is all the shoots know there going to loose birds to vermin, foxes, b.o.p and weather, so why don't they (get enough) birds in the 1st place, to cover any loses . there already covered by the law to control foxes , so keepers do this already , so if birds of prey are taking few , so what ! put more birds start of the season :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Bludgeoned to death".........lol Ffs do you work for the media. Get a grip!!!!!

no sympathy from me same as he wouldn't me if I was caught taking game of hes estate . He broke the law and got caught end of !

On top of jail time he'll have also lost his game keeping licence too, and if that's all the lad knows then he's f****d when he gets out too, do I understand why he did it? Yes. Do I agree? No. But t

one thing always I find strange , is all the shoots know there going to loose birds to vermin, foxes, b.o.p and weather, so why don't they (get enough) birds in the 1st place, to cover any loses . there already covered by the law to control foxes , so keepers do this already , so if birds of prey are taking few , so what ! put more birds start of the season :yes:

Why should they mate? Why are you allowed to control certain types of vermin and some not..? Doesn't make sense.

How many birds do you reckon BOPs account for? How many do they scare and scatter to be picked up by other vermin?

A simple cull period on certain types of BOP and some should be on the vermin list and you should be allowed to control there numbers.

• Like 5

I have helped out on shoots where buzzards have took 3-4 pouts a day, so why should shoots put more birds down? To provide more food for the buzzards to have a better nesting/ rearing year, for the problem to be worse next year? Looked what happened with badgers? The same for Cormorants. ...... Every predator needs controlling, not exterminated, just managed

• Like 6

Why should they mate? Why are you allowed to control certain types of vermin and some not..? Doesn't make sense.

How many birds do you reckon BOPs account for? How many do they scare and scatter to be picked up by other vermin?

A simple cull period on certain types of BOP and some should be on the vermin list and you should be allowed to control there numbers.

ok Lab, I can see where you coming from with control over (all) but certain types of B O P are on in danger list not many left. yeh control BO P but only if there not on the list . the want start on bloody buzzards 1st, there loads of the things, they take lot of poults every year mate

I have helped out on shoots where buzzards have took 3-4 pouts a day, so why should shoots put more birds down? To provide more food for the buzzards to have a better nesting/ rearing year, for the problem to be worse next year? Looked what happened with badgers? The same for Cormorants. ...... Every predator needs controlling, not exterminated, just managed

true :thumbs: ,

You would be horrified by the amount of damage birds of prey can do. Many keepers are stuck between a rock and a hard place. And when they get caught they have to take the fall for what is often a 'company policy'.

• Like 3

By artificially increasing the density of prey species in a given area the predators will naturally increase too, it's simple ecology. Controlling the predator populations to levels that existed in the absence of game shooting surely seems reasonable. Predators thrive on shooting estates for one reason, without the shooting there would be much lower predator numbers. Controlling them is beneficial for all and as natural an act as killing for food.

I don't see why estates should have to budget for more and more poults every year to accommodate a spiralling predator population that is neither controlled by a higher predator (man) or by its prey population (more birds put down specifically for them).

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

speaking from experiences, their is VERY VERY Few things that will ruin a drive or drives or even clear birds from a large area of land like a gos.... like all birds of prey its never so much the killing of the birds that is the problme thou it can be! its the scare factor. even seen a cover of partriges look up a plane passing thousands of feet over head? or run for cover at the same thing...how is a bird with such a inbuilt fear of flying things going to handle being mobbed and "buzzed" by something as well adapted to killing as a gos

• Like 2

Yet wildlife is at its most plentiful on estates managed for shooting, fact!!!

That Is Common Sense As The Food Chain Is Unbalanced By The Introduction Of Birds Which Increases The Predator Population . . Something You Moan About In Your 1st Post "Why Put Down More Birds For The Problem To Be Worse Next Year" . . Problem In 1 Post Yet Plentiful In Another !! This Man Was Caught Bang To Rights Killing Gos Hawks & He Knew The Score If Caught !!