Greyhound Ferrets

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good advice there Vin..   I first saw tiny,.weasle sized ferrets 50 years ago... They were generaly runts of the litter that had survived the cut..   Ocassionaly you would get an individual t

A tiny normal ferret that gets it`s head kicked in from any decent sized rabbit.

you are totally right what you say bunny tickler,i well remember the greyhound ferrets you mention being long,lean and keen,why they fell out of favour idont know,i think you would be hard pressed to

I've two jills that are about the same size, average in my opinion. One is a brief quick warren check and if a rabbit sticks she struggles to move it, sometimes, but bails within twenty minutes. The other takes longer but does a thorough job and has a better chance of making the bunnies move. My hob is medium-large and pins a lot, often kills, he used when I'm up for digging.

All have their place in my arsenal and I use them accordingly. My point is size doesn't matter too much when using the average jill, it's more about how they like to work, they all have different methods. If you want to miss the odd rabbit a miniature could work assuming it doesn't stick long. But you could be leaving a good few behind

A smaller ferret will fined it harder kill to ground. I just want the thing to bolt them. yes maybe. we do have to dig them out some times but not as much as a larger ferrets some people might disagree but we all work different

Id have thought any ferret that doesn't stick for to long would do the job. As you say though we all work different.

• Like 1

I agree with you there one that don't stick for long will do the job but it's left a dead rabbit to ground so pointless to me these road bank are small humped banks full of granet and soil normally a granet wall with a soil bank on top so that's the reason we aren't allowed to dig them