Hunting Festival Limerick

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone looking for great houndwork don't ever go to a joint meet. In 30 years with hounds I've never seen a great joint meet, I'm sure it can happen but I wouldn't go there expecting it. I've

Neil you are right,i hunted 3 days with them fantastic boys great crack,but mad as f--k,

Yep we where surprised by the invite again this year . Probably its down to the great hound work we displayed the last time out

Jaysus Bullcross don't hold back. Anybody else there last year? Be interesting to hear a second opinion. Had the two packs ever hunted before? Sometimes strange packs blend, sometimes they don't. Usually better to have a joint meet over two days, the second day will always be better, hounds will be more settled and more willing to hunt together.

I was there for the hunt that day and I will agree to a certain point with bullcross the hounds weren't top drawer on the day but as said two packs that has never hunted together. Will strongly agree with bullcross with the terriers from minerock harriers I was in at the digs and it was poor showing from both the terriers and terrier men. But my point is don't be slating people you have your opinions yes but the boys out there dogs together and it just didn't work out on the day. I will take the long trip this year again from Belfast on the sunday for a few days and hopefully the two packs click this time and hunt the way they can

I was there for the hunt that day and I will agree to a certain point with bullcross the hounds weren't top drawer on the day but as said two packs that has never hunted together. Will strongly agree with bullcross with the terriers from minerock harriers I was in at the digs and it was poor showing from both the terriers and terrier men. But my point is don't be slating people you have your opinions yes but the boys out there dogs together and it just didn't work out on the day. I will take the long trip this year again from Belfast on the sunday for a few days and hopefully the two packs click this time and hunt the way they can

That fine but how does that make me a wanker itsmy point I keep terrier and have kept hounds but to go and put them out for every body to see and judge mean to me that you happy with what you have and you would bring the best you have with you the hounds should do the talking for and I no every animal can have an off day but not all on the same day and as for slating people where have I done that graham 2009

Your on saying appsalutly shite and all the rest GWH was being sacastic when he said that's why we got invited again but you thought you had to high light that's hounds did not preform on the day and neither did the terriers yes your right but no need to come on here running your mouth. As a man that keeps dogs yourself you should know it always doesn't go to plan

lads im not looking a slagging match its clear that things did nt go to plan that day and hope this year that thing go better but if not there are plenty more packs hunting that week we should be there showing are support and enjoying it with the ups and down now does anyone know a good place to stay and head out to at night

Anyone looking for great houndwork don't ever go to a joint meet.

In 30 years with hounds I've never seen a great joint meet, I'm sure it can happen but I wouldn't go there expecting it.

I've seen joint meets with packs that individually were close to flawless but didn't combine. One single hound can have a big impact on the balance of a pack. When a pack is hunted all season together and season after season hounds will look to each other at different times within a hunt. To throw 40+ hounds together and expect balance? It's usually a cluster fuxk, they might settle late in the day, but don't depend on it.

It's a hunting festival, it's a celebration of hunting, it's a few days together with like minded folk where the packs hunting and terriermen working are under a lot of pressure, they've put themselves forward to provide some entertainment for the crowd. The most you could hope for is to see one or 2 hounds a guy might be interested in do some nice work.

GWH, said he was surprised they were invited back and laughs that it was the great hound work. That's enough for most of us. If you've hunted you've been there and seen that. That they've the balls to go through it all again? fair dues to them.

To come away from a hunting festival bitter and critical of what you've seen if to miss the point of these weeks, IMHO

Bryan.

• Like 11

The Abbeyfeale Harriers

Annual Hunting Festival

Sunday 15 February O’Connor’s Bar Knocknagoshel Co. Kerry
The Dungannon Foxhounds & The Minerock Harriers

Monday 16 February O’Shanahan’s Bar Strand Co. Limerick
The Macroom Foxhounds

Tuesday 17 February Fleming’s Bar Scartaglin Co. Kerry
The Grallagh Harriers & The Rockfield Harriers
Memorial Meet for John O’Connor

Wednesday 18 February Ploughman Bar Abbeyfeale Co. Limerick
The Carraigshane Harriers
Memorial Meet for Jackie O’Grady

Thursday 19 February Cuniffe’s Bar Currow Co. Kerry
The Rooves Bridge Harriers and The Mossgrove Harriers

Friday 20 February Faha Court Faha Co. Kerry
The Togher Harriers

All meets 11 O Clock
Food kindly Sponsored by Publicans

Supported Charity - The Irish Cancer Society

• Like 1
On 05/01/2015 at 18:50, milliken said:

a few of us are going down for a few days does anyone have the meet card for the week or know any where handy to stay any good spots to go out to at nigh

robert

Edited by Pulser
  • Like 1

a few of us are going down for a few days does anyone have the meet card for the week or know any where handy to stay any good spots to go out to at nigh

robert

The Abbeyfeale Harriers

Annual Hunting Festival

Sunday 15 February O’Connor’s Bar Knocknagoshel Co. Kerry

The Dungannon Foxhounds & The Minerock Harriers

Monday 16 February O’Shanahan’s Bar Strand Co. Limerick

The Macroom Foxhounds

Tuesday 17 February Fleming’s Bar Scartaglin Co. Kerry

Grallagh Harriers & The Rockfield Harriers

Memorial Meet for John O’Connor

Wednesday 18 February Ploughman Bar Abbeyfeale Co. Limerick

The Carraigshane Harriers