Deadly Lamp Acebeam K50

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back in. No import tax to start with Beam too tight? No way. if its in the field then a quick sweep will light it up. As good as a striker? Yes....and that's on the next to most powerful

Shiny......

Good stuff stabba, i was hoping it would be what you were expecting! Pound for pound far far better value than the lightforce and battery pack, not to mention the convienience of it being so small and

Posted Images

I know Gaffer's posted some Striker v K50 photos on another thread, but here's a quick - and not very good, I'm afraid - video comparison of the two. I shot this footage last night but I was trying to juggle camera, Striker and K50 on my own and finding it a tad tricky. In the video both beams look rather unimpressive - not sure if that was something to do with the camera angle in relation to the angle I was shining at?? Either way, the video doesn't do justice to either beam to be fair. But what you can see is the wider spill of the K50. If you like a pencil-tight beam the K50's not for you. Personally I don't like a really tight beam - it takes forever to scan the field and I like to be able to see where the dog is in the peripheral vision - so as far as I'm concerned the wider spill isn't an issue.

Sorry the video's not that great, but hopefully it might be of some use to those of you sitting on the fence on this and trying to make up your mind...

• Like 2

Possibly not as tough as it looks , I dropped mine this morning only on to wet grass as I got over a fence .i went to turn it back on and all the settings are the lowest beam, bit of messing and it working again but top setting is no where near as bright as it was ... Don't drop it it would be good it it had a lanyard clip on the actual torch

Possibly not as tough as it looks , I dropped mine this morning only on to wet grass as I got over a fence .i went to turn it back on and all the settings are the lowest beam, bit of messing and it working again but top setting is no where near as bright as it was ... Don't drop it it would be good it it had a lanyard clip on the actual torch

Thats disappointing... I dont knos if its a coincidence or not but that id what happens when the batts are dead, it goes back to prob setting 3 and wont go up any higher untill charged, try that and see mate. I dont think it would go wonky that easily.....

• Like 1

Thats disappointing... I dont knos if its a coincidence or not but that id what happens when the batts are dead, it goes back to prob setting 3 and wont go up any higher untill charged, try that and see mate. I dont think it would go wonky that easily.....

It's working again mate i just took it apart and back together ,hey gaffer I had the lanyard on the pouch but obviously left it at hoe because it's noisy, nice one though pal I've just found the small hole on the torch to clip the lanyard through .

It's working again mate i just took it apart and back together ,hey gaffer I had the lanyard on the pouch but obviously left it at hoe because it's noisy, nice one though pal I've just found the small hole on the torch to clip the lanyard through .

always clip it to that then round my neck job done what did ya take apart

They fecked you over good style eh but the times I went with ya we either stopped when it came light or when the battery made the lamp go orange n you were doin that 3-4 times a week for years to put Scran on the table plus your still out huntin now a fair bit so atleast not alls lost n you had a good run I do believe some things happen for a reason even if sometimes in a shittey way at the time, I remember them nights with you n ginger like yesterday not just for seein good dogs doin a good shift in but the amount of laughin from dusk till dawn proper proper funny lol great memeries ; )

get a room you 2!

• Like 2

its about time dave lol

lol im off out now ill see what its like hope it was worth the wait

Let us know what you think dave,

well first try i thort it was very good light clarity on level four it was plenty for 150 yards.tryed it over some hill land and on 6 its was much brighter than the 170 striker.the on off switch was a bit tricky one handed but think its jest getting yous to it.happy so fare ill see how it gos on a big night [BANNED TEXT] the moons down

• Like 1

its about time dave lol

lol im off out now ill see what its like hope it was worth the wait

Let us know what you think dave,

well first try i thort it was very good light clarity on level four it was plenty for 150 yards.tryed it over some hill land and on 6 its was much brighter than the 170 striker.the on off switch was a bit tricky one handed but think its jest getting yous to it.happy so fare ill see how it gos on a big night [bANNED TEXT] the moons down

put it on the lanyard round ya neck dave then just put ya thumb in the recess then away ya go