Deadly Lamp Acebeam K50

its about time dave lol

lol im off out now ill see what its like hope it was worth the wait

Let us know what you think dave,

well first try i thort it was very good light clarity on level four it was plenty for 150 yards.tryed it over some hill land and on 6 its was much brighter than the 170 striker.the on off switch was a bit tricky one handed but think its jest getting yous to it.happy so fare ill see how it gos on a big night [bANNED TEXT] the moons down

Good stuff dave, i leave the rear switch on when im out with it and use the twist dial to turn it off and on, quite quick and easy once you do it a few times. Hope your happy with it mate,

Atb,

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back in. No import tax to start with Beam too tight? No way. if its in the field then a quick sweep will light it up. As good as a striker? Yes....and that's on the next to most powerful

Shiny......

Good stuff stabba, i was hoping it would be what you were expecting! Pound for pound far far better value than the lightforce and battery pack, not to mention the convienience of it being so small and

Posted Images

I found the lanyard was a bit short for my liking - not much room to move your arm around much 'cos the torch has to stay close to your chest. But having read that dropping it could feck it up, perhaps I ought to make myself a longer lanyard and use that...

I found the lanyard was a bit short for my liking - not much room to move your arm around much 'cos the torch has to stay close to your chest. But having read that dropping it could feck it up, perhaps I ought to make myself a longer lanyard and use that...

You can put the lanyard on your wrist if you'd prefer.... The locking slidy thing on the lanyard will tighten it up on your wrist if you want it to...

its about time dave lol

well first try i thort it was very good light clarity on level four it was plenty for 150 yards.tryed it over some hill land and on 6 its was much brighter than the 170 striker.the on off switch was a bit tricky one handed but think its jest getting yous to it.happy so fare ill see how it gos on a big night [bANNED TEXT] the moons down

put it on the lanyard round ya neck dave then just put ya thumb in the recess then away ya go

my little fat thumb wount reach it so i yoused my nose picking finger witch worked well and it means no one will wont to borow it lol

• Like 2

its about time dave lol

Good stuff dave, i leave the rear switch on when im out with it and use the twist dial to turn it off and on, quite quick and easy once you do it a few times. Hope your happy with it mate,

Atb,

cheers well worth the money

• Like 1

You can put the lanyard on your wrist if you'd prefer.... The locking slidy thing on the lanyard will tighten it up on your wrist if you want it to...

Good point FD - I'll have a play with that and see how I get on....

Took mine out about 5 days ago and and all my settings where going into strobe mode. Thought it might of been due to not being charge enough even though the green light was on when I took it off charge. So I gets home left it on charge overnight, charger was green. Took it out again and it was okay for a while then started going onto strobe in different settings after a between 1-2 seconds. Tried tightening the tourch, taking batteries out again then replacing. None of these worked...

So I gets home and was thinking to myself, this is going to have to be fixed, I haven't dropped it or anything so the warranty is safe. So goes into my kitchen still with all my outgear on, unscrews the head from the base and dropped the head from just above waist height onto a slightly cushioned floor and it's dinted the screw part.

I did manage to screw it back on and the tourch was doing the same thing, so I was thinking will the warranty still cover this? Anyway when I looked, the rubber ring around the screw part had frayed where I had put it back together then snapped (we did get a spare rubber with it).

So without the rubber I put the tourch back together, tightens it up and now it's working fine, minus the rubber and being out of shape, and the fact I don't want to take it apart again.

Has anyone got any idea how I can get this back to shape, because even though it's back to working as normal, I don't want to cross-thread it?

Would post a pic but like I said above I don't really want to take it back apart..

Edited by flipbull

Took mine out about 5 days ago and and all my settings where going into strobe mode. Thought it might of been due to not being charge enough even though the green light was on when I took it off charge. So I gets home left it on charge overnight, charger was green. Took it out again and it was okay for a while then started going onto strobe in different settings after a between 1-2 seconds. Tried tightening the tourch, taking batteries out again then replacing. None of these worked. So I gets home and was thinking to myself, this is going to have to ne fixed, I havent dropped it or anything so warranty is safe. So goes into my kitchen still with all my outgear on, unscrews the head from the base and dropped it from just above waist height onto a slightly cushioned floor and it's dinted the screw part. I did manage to screw it back on and the tourch was doing the same thing, so I thought would the warranty still cover this? Anyway when I looked, the rubber ring around the screw part it had frayed where I had put it back together then snapped (we did get a spare rubber with it). So without the rubber I put the tourch back together, tightens it up and now it's working fine, minus the rubber and being out of shape, and the fact I don't want to take it apart again. Has anyone got any idea how I can get this back to shape, because even though it's back to orkin as normal, I don't want to cross-thread it?

The warrenty will cover any faults in the lamp mate, drop them an email, quote your name and address and they will sort it out for you!

Took mine out about 5 days ago and and all my settings where going into strobe mode. Thought it might of been due to not being charge enough even though the green light was on when I took it off charge. So I gets home left it on charge overnight, charger was green. Took it out again and it was okay for a while then started going onto strobe in different settings after a between 1-2 seconds. Tried tightening the tourch, taking batteries out again then replacing. None of these worked. So I gets home and was thinking to myself, this is going to have to ne fixed, I havent dropped it or anything so warranty is safe. So goes into my kitchen still with all my outgear on, unscrews the head from the base and dropped it from just above waist height onto a slightly cushioned floor and it's dinted the screw part. I did manage to screw it back on and the tourch was doing the same thing, so I thought would the warranty still cover this? Anyway when I looked, the rubber ring around the screw part it had frayed where I had put it back together then snapped (we did get a spare rubber with it). So without the rubber I put the tourch back together, tightens it up and now it's working fine, minus the rubber and being out of shape, and the fact I don't want to take it apart again. Has anyone got any idea how I can get this back to shape, because even though it's back to orkin as normal, I don't want to cross-thread it?

The warrenty will cover any faults in the lamp mate, drop them an email, quote your name and address and they will sort it out for you!

Cheers FD. If I can get it anywhere near back to shape and put put the rubber ring back on, that would do me as it's working perfectly now. Just thinking if I was to drop it into water, or if water was to start seaping in through the hand held part of the tourch then It might cause problems.

I reckon the fault may not be in the lamp FD, I reckon I may not of had it tight enough. With the rubber gone it is okay, but if I could get it back to shape and put the rubber back on then I would know.

If you have a vice mate clamp the timber handle of a shovel or similar in the vice and leave about 4 inches of the timber handle sticking out one side of the vice, the body of the lamp is soft alluminium, slide the dinted part of the lamp over the timber sticking out of the vice, wrap a rag or old sock over the head of a hammer and lightly tip the dint out. If im picturing it properly you pushed the threads in the way so by placing the timber inside and tipping the afftcted area it should come back out for you....

• Like 2

If you have a vice mate clamp the timber handle of a shovel or similar in the vice and leave about 4 inches of the timber handle sticking out one side of the vice, the body of the lamp is soft alluminium, slide the dinted part of the lamp over the timber sticking out of the vice, wrap a rag or old sock over the head of a hammer and lightly tip the dint out. If im picturing it properly you pushed the threads in the way so by placing the timber inside and tipping the afftcted area it should come back out for you....

Thanks FD. I ain' got a vice mate but I will know a man who has. I will post a pic up of it as soon as I can just to be sure. Sounds like you have the right picture in your mind

Was out with the pup earlier doing a bit of exploring. Met a lad I have bumped into a few times now in the early hours. He had his young hawk with him and his battery was flat on his lamp, so I gave him ago of the K50 and what a sight with the hawk flying down the beam. The hawk missed it's prey as the rabbit looked like it entered a hole. The hawk landed in a tree about 400 yards away and we could see it clearly at the end of the beam. Gave a few shakes of a chick and it was straight back to him.

He said his birthday is coming up and knows what his girlfriend will be getting him lol. Just sent him the info on the tourch and the acebeam website.

Gonna have a night out with him soon he's a decent lad.

My lamp is working perfect btw FD.

Used a raf foul weather jacket tonight for the first time and it has 3 pockets that the K50 fits in no problem and easy to grab quickly out of any pocket.

Edited by flipbull
  • Like 1

Thanks FD. I ain' got a vice mate but I will know a man who has. I will post a pic up of it as soon as I can just to be sure. Sounds like you have the right picture in your mind

Was out with the pup earlier doing a bit of exploring. Met a lad I have bumped into a few times now in the early hours. He had his young hawk with him and his battery was flat, so I gave him ago of the K50 and what a sight with the hawk flying down the beam. The hawk missed it's prey as the rabbit looked like it entered a hole. The hawk landed in a tree about 400 yards away and we could see it clearly. Gave a few shakes of a chick and it was straight back to him. He said his birthday is coming up and knows what his girlfriend will be getting him lol. Just sent him the info on the tourch and the acebeam website. Gonna have a night out with him soon he's a decent lad.

Used a raf foul weather jacket tonight for the first time and it has 3 pockets that the K50 fits in no problem.

Good stuff mate, glad to hear its ok. Id likd to see that hawk work under a lamp, be somthing totally different! Keep us posted on how that goes mate,

Atb, FD

Was out with the pup earlier doing a bit of exploring. Met a lad I have bumped into a few times now in the early hours. He had his young hawk with him and his battery was flat, so I gave him ago of the K50 and what a sight with the hawk flying down the beam. The hawk missed it's prey as the rabbit looked like it entered a hole. The hawk landed in a tree about 400 yards away and we could see it clearly. Gave a few shakes of a chick and it was straight back to him. He said his birthday is coming up and knows what his girlfriend will be getting him lol. Just sent him the info on the tourch and the acebeam website. Gonna have a night out with him soon he's a decent lad.

Used a raf foul weather jacket tonight for the first time and it has 3 pockets that the K50 fits in no problem.

Good stuff mate, glad to hear its ok. Id likd to see that hawk work under a lamp, be somthing totally different! Keep us posted on how that goes mate,

Atb, FD

Watching the Hawk flying down the beam will stay with me for a long time. My pup nearly broke his bunny virginity to. Lamped a field where I think the bunnies are on Valium (not lamp shy at all) and there was one about 50+ yards away and dog was rearing to go, didn't have him on a slip, just his lead, so I bend down and lets him go, he was heading straight for it, bunny seen him and took off at pace with the pup in persuit. The pup was determined and showed an obvious turn in pace and determination, ran it to a wire fence then along the fence, I thought he was going to get it, but somehow in the bunnies panic it got through the fence somehow and pup returned straight away empty handed.