What Is Your Most Memorable Run In With A Neighbour Over Your Dogs

My next door neighbours ran an animal sanctuary and hated anything to do with hunting and killing animals,they knew i hunted with the dogs and i knew their philosophy on life,especially if it entailed animals.We got on famously for many a year,possibly because we respected each others way of life and thus life went on,i even assisted them with a little raptor re-introduction and pest control when rats became a problem.One early morning they were up and about getting a couple of birds ready for a long trip down south,it was about 3.30 am,at that time my lad returned home from one of his late night forays along the A1,he let the dogs out of the motor,then dragged a nice Roe buck out of the boot,as he pulled the Roe towards our rear gate the dogs were evident because of their reluctance to let go of the said Bambi,the said melee woke me from my slumber,the howls of disaproval from my neighbours was illuminated with the choice of language my ignorant son shone their way,for a few days after that the tension was a tad uncomfortable,me and the neighbours had a few frostier hello,s and common courtesy until the nugget indoors asked them if they fancied a leg of venison as a way of an apology,they moved back south 18 months later.

• Like 2

My next door neighbours ran an animal sanctuary and hated anything to do with hunting and killing animals,they knew i hunted with the dogs and i knew their philosophy on life,especially if it entailed animals.We got on famously for many a year,possibly because we respected each others way of life and thus life went on,i even assisted them with a little raptor re-introduction and pest control when rats became a problem.One early morning they were up and about getting a couple of birds ready for a long trip down south,it was about 3.30 am,at that time my lad returned home from one of his late night forays along the A1,he let the dogs out of the motor,then dragged a nice Roe buck out of the boot,as he pulled the Roe towards our rear gate the dogs were evident because of their reluctance to let go of the said Bambi,the said melee woke me from my slumber,the howls of disaproval from my neighbours was illuminated with the choice of language my ignorant son shone their way,for a few days after that the tension was a tad uncomfortable,me and the neighbours had a few frostier hello,s and common courtesy until the nugget indoors asked them if they fancied a leg of venison as a way of an apology,they moved back south 18 months later.

Exact opposite for me, running from car park with a road kill roe like a Prada bag, banged into new neighbours moving stuff in, can't remember what I said but it broke the ice and he's had many a venison burger at my barbecues and he still mentions How we first met :laugh:

• Like 2

Think I'd have declined a ragged bit of venison too....lol

Ragged?!? Depends on technique!!! :laugh:

As a young lad when I was about 16, 17 and very enthusiastically getting into my hunting our neighbours were anti's I would be walking by with all sorts of dead things. They weren't that happy. They used to have a pea cock they let it go any where and it made the mistake of going on my granddads veg plot and he used to shoot it with the air rifle pretty cruel but they made no effort to keep it on there land. One day I shot at a pigeon on the electric pole and it ricocheted off and pinged right by the fella next door feet as he was walking through the yard. He actually thought I shot at him. There was lots of fist waving as he ran for cover. They used to have late parties and play drums at 2 in the morning grandad used to fire off the 12 bore that shut them up well some times. Christ now a days we would have been behind bars in no time :laugh:

• Like 5

Ragged?!? Depends on technique!!! :laugh:

Ragged oft depends on hunger or upbringing,one mans ragged was ferret food,anothers was a succulent casserole.

My neighbour's back door is a stable door and he often leaves the top half open. Between our two back gardens is a 5 bar gate. One warm Sunday morning my dogs were outside and, unbeknown to me, the lurcher jumped the gate into his garden then jumped the stable door into his kitchen and nicked and ate a joint of beef that was on the side ready to go in the oven. Then for good measure he chased their cat upstairs. Not surprisingly the neighbour was a tad p**sed off. I grovelled and gave him a really good bottle of red wine as an apology. (Shame he was unable to drink it with a nice pink bit of beef :laugh: )

• Like 1

Around 15 years ago I had a neighbour who was a total anti stickers in the window the lot one Sunday living on my own cooked a leg of lamb and left it to rest on the kitchen side well back so I thought and went for a shower . On my return found it gone and the lurcher nowhere to be seen checked the garden and bingo a barrel on legs with a lamb bone .me shouting lurcher screening as if I was beating it and I wasn't the neighbour shouting stop hitting that dog . 2 days later rspca turns up about a (barking) dog with a copper let rspca in no the copper he checked all live stock ferrets the lot and was well happy from that day on I left all me rabbits to hang on MY left hand fence in full view of their kitchen took a month to get apology but it came from the husband

my pups started jumping the fence into next doors garden they don't mind as they have dogs there self and they speak to the mrs,but anyway they must think i starve the dog every time it does it they start feeding it crap like spaghetti bolognese and curry and chips shit like that then he drops his guts all over the garden,another time a few months ago when he was only a pup i herd them talking to another neighbour saying ohh do they feed him hes a bit skinny aint he ...fair to say i had a few words to say about that the cheeky b*****ds...

• Like 1

I recently moved in town well my dogs have never been known for understanding fences I can mind I was cleaning me nets in the garden and at the time getting a lot of shit from neighbours on all sides about dogs barking at the time I had a puppy bull x well dogs were playing in the garden while I was cleaning the nets on the washing line and the little toad stool of a woman next door come round bollacking at me about the dogs barking at this point iam rdy too shoot the the bitch but the thing is the fence between are gardens is not very tall and the dogs love too get fussed over bye strangers well the woman has a cat flap on the door little did I know she even had a cat flap and little did she know when she came too give me a bollacking about the barking the cat followed her round the corner so as quick as a flash I hear her moaning and two big lurchers run and jump this tiny fence full pelt with the terrier clambering over as well all in pursuit of this cat well the cat dodged the lurchers and made it too the cat flap only too be followed through it bye the terrier all I can hear is the screams from this bitch as the terrier has got into her living room and got the cat cornered up on her curtains and two seconds later them all jumping back in my garden as if nothing happend well she started giving the earful going too Sue and all this pish 2 days later the spca show up

• Like 2