Anyone Else Working Malinois X Greyhounds Or Similar

It's a good point breeding on from these types to improve them ,here's my take and thoughts on this . Depending what ones looking for in the next generation ,if recovery more stay and lighten them up with out losing to much strength coursing hound would suit we have bred these on to a whin bred animal and the dogs come in at twenty six good lungs very strong and the sensitive nature gone guarding instinct went also so it's swings and roundabouts what one so desires I believe these type of sxesing although can catch just about ought in these here islands they are bred for a specific job and at that they second to none . These types of lurchers pretty much the same when in hunting mode all switch ova ,but they are what they are and nothing more ,personally if I was Ray hunted and needed just that little bit of something more I would get a welp from a union to a coursing bitch or sal bull grey this has a chance I would think of ticking the boxes and to remove any undesirable features of the f1alsation grey ,which his usually that fawning temp atb bunnys

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These 2 are first cross with a greyhound sire and Malinois dam. They are litter mates a dog and a bitch. Any one working similar cross's.

They're are doing very well and produced a fairly even litter. Hardy, fearless, clever, but a bit hard to keep occupied. Good with the gun, live stock, not seen ferrets yet, bark/bite on command, fol

These three came from a bitch that was very driven. I was told she failed her police test on the "leave command". However she was not a maniac that would bite anything that moved. The pups have a very

Posted Images

I just work my pure Mally bitch atb Flacko

I imagine a pure Malinois would make a very capable lamping dog.

You don't necessarily need a streamlined running dog to make an efficient lamper. We all know these running machines are prone to injury at night and can lack the necessary stamina for a night's lamping.

Look at Bird's Buck-a lump of a dog which achieves good bags of rabbits. The Minshaw dogs were often criticised for being cloddy and lacking speed-but they had tremendous stamina.

I reckon a full Malinois would be just the ticket for the lamp game. Maybe even a full collie could do a good job too.

I would like to try one but I can't handle their hyper temperament. :laugh::no:

I just work my pure Mally bitch atb Flacko

I imagine a pure Malinois would make a very capable lamping dog.

You don't necessarily need a streamlined running dog to make an efficient lamper. We all know these running machines are prone to injury at night and can lack the necessary stamina for a night's lamping.

Look at Bird's Buck-a lump of a dog which achieves good bags of rabbits. The Minshaw dogs were often criticised for being cloddy and lacking speed-but they had tremendous stamina.

I reckon a full Malinois would be just the ticket for the lamp game. Maybe even a full collie could do a good job too.

I would like to try one but I can't handle their hyper temperament. :laugh::no:

you right :thumbs: , the mal x grey would make good lamp dog , as you say Buck very big dog and he picks rabbits up quite easy , he had 20 one night in jan ,that as soon as the lamp was on them they were away like bloody rockets , he had get up quick and nail them before the edge , which he did great for such big lump :thumbs: . so a mal x be lot smaller than him , so they should have no prob. its just there temp malx grey put me off to be honest they be very hyper compared to Alsatian x grey , in pure form a mal like a coiled spring 24/7 lol where most gsds are docile unless they guarding etc . Buck very quite don't bark sensitive type dog, but bloody hell in the field as soon as that lamp goes on, he very different dog he very full on dog, ive got used to it now , but the change of temp really incredible . :yes:

• Like 2

There his pure malls being lumped in the UK and has been for some time,these fellas just lamp for fun andta keep there animals happy ,they catch rabbis easily and in given areas such has dale and rough terrainn do ok for the casual mooching lamping type a. Man camping hiking for days etc jogging personnel protection general trapper hunter these will take a hell of a lot a beating they can be trained to a very good standard easily and thrive on it,where has Alsatian type can at times be stubborn , has for the mall xs greyhounds the ones 2i have seen are lots more mentally tougher than the Alsatian types I know and more forgiving but that's not to say they can be treated to firmly they are lighter framed but that don't mean they will be any better for this , strength can be a large factor in some departments of the lamping job when gthe stamina begins to sapp and those lungs a burning it's drive that will keep some going ,these breeds have these quality in abundance where has other herding types usually need the influence of terrier to give them this drive all in all great animals in pure form and for a lurcher man that wants a lurcher from them they could be excellent atb bunnys.

• Like 4

It ain't a new thing there being mally blood in lurchers,i got one here and i know she's 3rd generation with the blood in it.Can't fault mine but she also has a bit of bull and saluki as wel as the greyhound in her so what bit the mally blood does is debatable but she's ticking boxes just nicely and is a far more tractable dog than her mother was :thumbs: ...

look at the size difference between a mal & wolf

sorry if off topic

there big fookers them timber wolves , go up to 13-14st watched them on vid pull down big elk , they kill dogs easy , or a man if they were hungry enough :yes:

Llyod90 my bitch is 41/2 and she's very high prey drive bushes, ferrets and lamps occasionally she's very agile and full on jumps & marks to ground not very soft mouthed tho and not shy when she has to grab anything, all that is a bonus as she is here to look after home & family she loves to work be it man or beast. atb Flacko

• Like 2

Llyod90 my bitch is 41/2 and she's very high prey drive bushes, ferrets and lamps occasionally she's very agile and full on jumps & marks to ground not very soft mouthed tho and not shy when she has to grab anything, all that is a bonus as she is here to look after home & family she loves to work be it man or beast. atb Flacko

Sounds a well handy type. I was looking at Lurchers but put it off for long time as have gone back to study a degree , maybe in the future they'd be worth a look but I'd be worried couldn't give it the work or be good enough to train one lol

Sounds a well handy type. I was looking at Lurchers but put it off for long time as have gone back to study a degree , maybe in the future they'd be worth a look but I'd be worried couldn't give it the work or be good enough to train one lol

. I would not worry about having to train one they a doddle, it's the time needed and input day in day out . Although the lurchers from the malls I seen were steady but that's f1s for ya grey steadies them down from pure form and of course different lines are more driven .atb bunnys
  • Like 1

. I would not worry about having to train one they a doddle, it's the time needed and input day in day out . Although the lurchers from the malls I seen were steady but that's f1s for ya grey steadies them down from pure form and of course different lines are more driven .atb bunnys

true , the greyhound does do that ,and so does deerhound have a calming affect , the hybrids from either mal,gsd,pit,etc fairly laid back temp , that's with 1x , which is fairly predictable in temp and stamp of dog .

What you studying?