Dogs That Have Tried Your Patients Past And Present .

It's about 20 years ago I owned a saluki grey,deerhound, she was a steady biddable bitch with good recall in the daylight hours .

But on the lamp she was a different dog , I can remember this one night i was out , it was black as your hat with a good wind , and the heavens opened the rain was torrential it was coming down like Zulus spears, never mind there was a squatter clamped tight , the bitch spotted and slipped just to race it home straight to ground the rabbit went . What did the bitch do to my amazement she curled up on the spot where it went to ground totally aloof to me and my best efforts for her to return to me ,bearing in mind I'm standing there wetter than a otters pocket freezing, And she wants to sleep on top of the rabbit warren. The most bizarre thing I had seen , it's if I wasn't there or didn't matter anymore . Hence my patients were tested and I'm not exactly blessed with them .

• Like 1

Had a dog that hated electric fences,Even if it was one strand right on top of posts a small horse could run under,She would sometimes decide it was going to get her,and run along the fence,when she could have gone under with 2 ft to spare and caught the poxy rabbit,that could be annoying :icon_redface: .

Ive owned lurchers for 30 odd years now and the bitch i have just now must have tried my patients the most shes 13 months done every thing with her nice n steady never once been hit a dont no how had her lamping the other night must have waited an hour on her finally coming to hand as if nothing dont know if its the deerhound and bedlington in her if it doesnt improve its safe to say she wont be here

not in a running dog or realy a terrier but this collie dog i have now "bill" he is called is a nervous f***ing wreck of a thing that wont listen in the slightest will lie down only when he knows he cant do any thing else locks onto sheep like Velcro! and malls them in to the ground.....the useless waste of skin its juts a dog shit producer and patience tester!
and it was over a grand!

• Like 1

A few years ago i had the opportunity to acquire a jewel of a pup,bred in the purple,i raided the wifes bill money and arrived home with my new treasure.From day one the mutt gave me migraines,it would not take to any sort of education,i prided myself on my ability to get the best from the most worthless of jukels,this little bag, of ignorant and un-interested,skin and bones tested my resolve like no other,a Whippet/Grey-Saluki hybrid.I persevered and managed to get a little mooching and lamping instilled into its barren head,eventually it turned out into a gem behind an Hare,the little ignorant bugger mullered them with a true vengeance,it was the 20 minutes,40 minutes and 3 hour waiting for it to return that spoilt the days coursing,until a bit of lead cured its warrant ways,id never been as happy returning home without a dog.

• Like 5

not really dogs fault ,but quite funny/annoying.left dog in the pick up as usual,a nearly new l200,when my mate said you better go an look in your truck.

well its had torn,scratched,chewed, indicator stalks,seats down to wire,radio knobs,gear stick down to metal,steering wheel down to metal,motion sensors,handbrake,all heater control knobs,fan sliders you name it.fcuk it wwas uncomfy driving it with a metal wheel and meatal shaft as gears.drove it like that for 3yr

• Like 4

After a long hard slog,2 water-hens,don,t ask i had a whippet at the time that was in the habit of catching them,about a dozen rabbits and 2 hares,we pulled over in a pub car park for a little refreshment,the tally was tightly stashed in a couple of stout bags and away we went for a quick pint,which turned into a less than quick 3 and a burger and chips,we returned to the motor to find the whippet and 2 lurchers sat amidst carnage,feathers,guts,blood,flesh and fur covered every inch of the motors interior,we attempted a little clean up,id have hated to empty that bin,took our coats off to sit on and headed home,the stench was in that motor for months,the bloated belly,s on the dogs with what they had devoured made for a long drive home,with the windows down.

• Like 3

Its good to finally read about some dogs that have flaws and to see that not everybody's dogs are perfect..my first little dog gets me frustrated sometimes,his recall on the lamp is getting much better but when things are slow when ferreting he has annoying habit of wanting to go a wander and find his own rabbits.a stern 'here' and he comes back,he is still young so plenty time to come good but a pain in the arse