White Patterdale

I've breed my chocolate pat across a black pat both are patterdale throu and throu

She had 4 3 black but ones white

Like I said there pure pat I've never seen it I been around terriers all my life

Has anyone else seen it is it normal it has one black spot on the back of its head

So it's not albino or anything like that

What's your thoughts cheers dan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe you've had black Jr's for years without realising it.

I used to own white terriers bred from 'patterdales'. They were better than the coloured ones in the litter should truth be told. IMO there's no such thing as a 'pure' patterdale and anyone saying the

I've seen one totally white dog out of a black litter, either a throw back to the russell, bull or sealyham in the line I'd say.

I know it might be a throw back possible but I know the breeding to the great sire and dam for the dog and great great for the bitch I never seen anything like this

I spoke to other people who work that line none have ever had a white one

I always thought 2 colours couldnt produce a white ... one of the parents had to be white ...

Both parents just have to carry the gene for white. I've had almost a whole litter of all white pups from a brindle bitch and black dog, was a shock to see them come out.

• Like 1

I always thought 2 colours couldnt produce a white ... one of the parents had to be white ...

Both parents just have to carry the gene for white. I've had almost a whole litter of all white pups from a brindle bitch and black dog, was a shock to see them come out.

:thumbs:

I would think the bitch has been having a bit on the side..........the slut.

Seriously though, I know of two lines of black terriers that can produce white one. One line has Russell way back in it and the other has Sealyham way back in it.

To say it comes from staffs IMO could be wrong as then the odd brindle or buckskin would crop up then, but I could be wrong.

It's a throw back either way and if it's from good working parents then so what, best of luck with it.

• Like 3