Best Cross For All Rounder

these topics always make fore good reading I agree with so much of whats been said I to have had a pure saluki that would do anything but lurcher wise a bull cross x sal cross unless it was a very naturally gifted individual would never cut the mustard likewise a collie cross x bull cross I personally don't think a bull x adds anything to a general lurcher I am a died in the wool sal cross man but I would go for a line bred worker to worker every time they will do anything accepting a proper winter hare so forget those and you should be ok cheers two crows.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To get a true all rounder it's not just the breeding that needs to be right you have to have the right permission and game to show a dog enough of everything there's a lot of different parts of lurche

We all started at the wrong end of the learning rainbow snifferboy,the best lessons learnt are from the mistakes we made and make,its then using the errors we make to move on,one of the main reasons I

Lurcher x lurcher from tested parents doing the job you want yours to do

a well bred bullxgrey x salukixgrey seem to be very good dogs, they handle all quarry very well. ive got a 1x Alsatian x grey that doing very well for a young dog, if this x are all like him , its not a bad x at all to have :yes:

As an all-rounder, its a good starting point. put back to a coursing dog, now your talking

these topics always make fore good reading I agree with so much of whats been said I to have had a pure saluki that would do anything but lurcher wise a bull cross x sal cross unless it was a very naturally gifted individual would never cut the mustard likewise a collie cross x bull cross I personally don't think a bull x adds anything to a general lurcher I am a died in the wool sal cross man but I would go for a line bred worker to worker every time they will do anything accepting a prper winter hare so forget those and you should be ok cheers two crows.

yet to see any animal on the lamp last a night on all quarry other then one with a bit of bull blood.would you show me. Edited by sniper2011

these topics always make fore good reading I agree with so much of whats been said I to have had a pure saluki that would do anything but lurcher wise a bull cross x sal cross unless it was a very naturally gifted individual would never cut the mustard likewise a collie cross x bull cross I personally don't think a bull x adds anything to a general lurcher I am a died in the wool sal cross man but I would go for a line bred worker to worker every time they will do anything accepting a prper winter hare so forget those and you should be ok cheers two crows.

yet to see any animal on the lamp last a night on all quarry other then one with a bit of bull blood.would you show me.
you need to get out more then sniper because there out ther

a well bred bullxgrey x salukixgrey seem to be very good dogs, they handle all quarry very well. ive got a 1x Alsatian x grey that doing very well for a young dog, if this x are all like him , its not a bad x at all to have :yes:

As an all-rounder, its a good starting point. put back to a coursing dog, now your talking

yeh bit of coursing blood deff make this good x . but prob apart from daytime big rabbits, there nothing else that he couldn't catch, and had him for the lamp where he excels :thumbs:

• Like 1

To get a true all rounder it's not just the breeding that needs to be right you have to have the right permission and game to show a dog enough of everything there's a lot of different parts of lurcher to make a all rounder even more so before the ban!! But also people have different types of day work some people think because it's a good ferreting dog does that really make it a good day dog? A good day dog to me is a dog that will mark anything to ground and stay there while your evicted what's home but will also hunt deer and fox for miles and hold a good line !! Different people want different things simple as and Iv learnt this week your dog will very rarely be better than someone else's dog in their back yard !! Aslong as your happy what mutts sitting by your feet at the end of a day's hunting who's gives a f**k ??

• Like 10

What kind of questions would you ask roybo?

id ask if they have used the best stud available to them or if they used a mates dog because it was free,

How many dogs they got ,how often they are worked,and on what.

I'd ask if the parents do what you want plus a bit more and how old they are dogs and owners.

Ask if they are keeping one

Try to ask these questions,to others who know them too. if they are genuine they will understand you poking about.

Or if you are unsure ask someone more experienced to ask the questions for you

Don't get excited when you see a litter of pups,and buy on a whim ,regardless what the seller says there their pups aren't once in a lifetime,there will be others

• Like 2