As Last One Got Deleted Best Hunting Lurcher

Cheers kev he was result of an accidental mating couple of me pals took em for ratching dogs ones worked with Hawks flushing lads also lamped it lightly said it done real well marks up we too they obidient which is a bonus

Mines done bit flushing and mooching has couple of rabbits phessys n a crow lol he a smashing little character to have around can go all day long lol

Bet he can mate them spaniels go all day long whats he like across open land does he have enough speed,?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki x springer spaniel only seven month not the best but something different only mooches him local with rest of pack Proving to be handy so far   Bucketheid

I wondered where it had gone....   My little springer x lurcher is becoming a good little hunting dog......     About a year old here  

the best ive had are the we beddy crosses had most types over the years and they seem to be the better for the ground i work out of the three i had over the past 5 years and worked mostly daytime za

Wuyang can yA believe how alike they look mate

Uncanny how the springer cross seems to throw a type as both dogs are the double of some my mate bred a few years back.
Here's one I accidently bred over 20 year ago,,,lurcher x springer as you say they do look similar

pics8003.jpg

pics8002.jpg

pics8001.jpg

And the black bitch in this pic was the dam,,,bit of all sorts in her

pics124004.jpg

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 2

Saluki x springer spaniel only seven month not the best but something different only mooches him local with rest of pack Proving to be handy so far

BucketheidF3EE9FBC-DD9C-47AA-8AE9-92A516419D8B_zps73D5B7BF-83EA-43F6-9D2B-6B02CD133040_zps

except For the ears that's a dead ringer for my pup ,nice type arctic

Wuyang can yA believe how alike they look mate

Bloody hell they're like twins.

Looks like yours might be more racey, it's got the same long neck though.

Where did you get it from? There where some saluki/greyhound x sprocker pups near me a while ago which I thought might be quite handy.

Edited by wuyang

Wuyang and Arcticgun, they are both cracking looking dogs. I had spaniels some time before lurchers and I'll always have a couple in the kennel for beating and shooting. I've said before on this forum that I'm surprised that more people don't use spaniels in a lurcher mix. They hunt, have soft mouths, are natural retrievers and have plenty of stamina.

I wonder if anyone has purposely put a decent springer dog over a greyhound, whippet or grew bitch? A few mates of mine trial spaniels successfully and some of the modern trialling lines are very racy. They might be ideal to sire a lurcher. Anyone wanna lend me a greyhound?!

• Like 1

Wuyang and Arcticgun, they are both cracking looking dogs. I had spaniels some time before lurchers and I'll always have a couple in the kennel for beating and shooting. I've said before on this forum that I'm surprised that more people don't use spaniels in a lurcher mix. They hunt, have soft mouths, are natural retrievers and have plenty of stamina.

I wonder if anyone has purposely put a decent springer dog over a greyhound, whippet or grew bitch? A few mates of mine trial spaniels successfully and some of the modern trialling lines are very racy. They might be ideal to sire a lurcher. Anyone wanna lend me a greyhound?!

I'm in agreement on this one, but, there has been a few who have had spaniels crosses before, yet how many have had a second? And how easy would it be to find homes for a litter of "out of the norm" types?

It's why I wanted one. I really needed a dog that wants to hunt...given there's not much around where I work. When I phoned regarding my bitch I was told it was gamekeeper bred working springer x greyhound........, but when I dug a little deeper it transpired it was actually the keepers springer bitch that his very old greyhound looking lurcher had managed to get his leg over with........accidental mating........but he was a keeper and he owned both dogs......so I took my chance.........

I'm also impressed with her temperament....a joy to own. Like you I can't understand why there not more common.....great mooching companion.

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8333.jpg

Edited by wuyang

There was a fella up Durham way that bred a litter of three quarter whippet quarter spaniel pups back in the summer. They were posted on here. That's the only purpose bred litter I've seen. I spoke to the guy and he owned both parents... The first cross dog was apparently a very decent animal, though small at 18inches or so and lacking in top end speed, hence he was put over a coursing whippet type. I was tempted on one of these pups and wish that I had bought one.

• Like 1