Feed Or Not Feed

Just a guess since as I have only had dogs for a short time compared to some on here ( 35yrs). Food = energy, no food = no energy.

Got to agree with socks, it serves no purpose to starve a dog for 24hrs whatsoever, unless of course you're daft enough to listen to old wives tales or compare your dog to the feeding habits and hunting habits of a wolf or a wild dog ect, like some on here.

I f***ing love food and I'm a lazy b*****d....... How's that work?!? :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a load of pish..for the sake of 30 bob id rather put my buddy a pan of scran down..work em hard and treat em like heroes not starve em once a week because of some old wives tale!!

This ole Lurcher World seems to get ever more complicated,..

A dog digests its meal in 8 hours so if your lamping at 10 then why not feed at 2pm ... You will have a dog that's fully fuelled for a hard or easy night whichever it turns out to be ... Its common se

Just a guess since as I have only had dogs for a short time compared to some on here ( 35yrs). Food = energy, no food = no energy.

Got to agree with socks, it serves no purpose to starve a dog for 24hrs whatsoever, unless of course you're daft enough to listen to old wives tales or compare your dog to the feeding habits and hunting habits of a wolf or a wild dog ect, like some on here.

Quite simple, your scottish :laugh:

But not inbred unlike you Yorkshire fookers.........

But not inbred unlike you Yorkshire fookers.........

Got to agree with you there lol, these yorkshire fcukers are a strange breed, glad i just live here and was not bred here lol

• Like 1

My little 6 year olds in bed now,when there up i will ask to explain.

Heres one for the scientists a dog digests its meal in8 hours,lets presume this is a normal dog,but a lurcher during winter could be eating 2 or 3 times that ,still take 8 hours :icon_redface: ?

If im lamping tonight dog gets back fed at 1 its digested it 9 tuesday at the very earlist , would it need to be feed again to go out tuesday night?

Why would a lurcher in the winter be eating three times its normal amount ? Oh and by the way a dogs digestive system works better on a large meal ... So,yes it will need feeding again ......

Only 35 years in dogs why you young whipper snapper :laugh:, but "Food=energy, no food= no energy" sounds like the basic law of thermodynamics to me, alas that is science so will be unpopular but right non the less :thumbs:.

Ps The law of thermodynamics is natural science so put the shovel down weasel :icon_redface:

Good man been goggling some new words.

So feeding once a day= no food.

Now go on to explain the hounds so...might not be on google though

:clapper::clapper:

Why would a lurcher in the winter be eating three times its normal amount ? Oh and by the way a dogs digestive system works better on a large meal ... So,yes it will need feeding again ......

There you go you have learned something new today ........

Only 35 years in dogs why you young whipper snapper :laugh:, but "Food=energy, no food= no energy" sounds like the basic law of thermodynamics to me, alas that is science so will be unpopular but right non the less :thumbs:.

Ps The law of thermodynamics is natural science so put the shovel down weasel :icon_redface:

Good man been goggling some new words.

So feeding once a day= no food.

Now go on to explain the hounds so...might not be on google though

Ok weasel, pray tell what does a dog benefit by going without food for 24hrs ?

not gone right back on this post can not be arsed,lol but i do feed every nite at 7 oclock,,,on a nites lamping ,,,the build up to the nite 5 hours before, i think im going to cast the light,,,,the dog will get 50 percent of food and not the normal every day dish, a dish what burns off slowly.,,,,then soon has the nite over,,,and dont mean when i get home,,,,he or she will get the normal meal,,,,this cud be 4 in the morning,,,,then that nite he or she will get the same again,,,,,,,so in 36 hours they have add a big ingrease of the amount of food,,,,,,,then its back to normal,,,,,

Edited by tjones3862

Here's my two penneth worth to the great feed debate (without reading all before)...

The average dog, be it lurcher or another is fed a far more rich diet than what is right for it and in most cases, in constant measured amounts, no different than most humans.

No doubt a BARF diet is more natural than a kibble diet and a mixed diet lies somewhere in between. IMO like in humans, the dog is not built for constant measured amounts of rich grub. Rather, like a diet should be, the amounts should be varied. I hear constantly on here that BARF is more 'natural', well IMO nothing is more natural than going hungry from time to time.

And so with this, I see no detrimental affects to a dogs health for both variegating type and amount, with the odd day without not being any problem. Providing the dog has no ill effects from it.

Two things though, firstly I don't do this every week and secondly, I do it when I'm not going to be getting out hunting for a couple of days.

Oh yer, just one more thing, partly on the subject... How many of you have one of those whining neurotic feckers when its meal time every day, the dog tells you when it wants feeding, I never have, can't stand that and it's another thing to add to the constant measured amounts, never feed at the same time every day...!

Gee yer dog a small meal early doors after it's morning walk. Then regardless if it's working or not a full meal before bed. Empties itself in the morning walk gets a enough scran to keep it going the rest of the day work or not. Then can eat its meal. and digest throughout the night simple.