Metal Detecting Finds...

i have a garrett euro ace metal detector,and a garrett pro pointer, before that a csmx5, but in the past 6 months iv found loads of pre decemal coins ect..plus a silver william + mary coin, a copper/tin coin unidentified as yet but old, a silver sixpence,a 14ct cufflink and 5 other silver pieces, along with musket balls,buckles and many many other finds, has anyone ever found anything intresting whist metal detecting or out walking...?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my first day out I had 20 digs found feck all so throw the fecking thing in headge bottom , when my mate came to see if I found out I told him its sh,it this detecting lark, why he said i will fecking

a cannonball lol. dunno how old this is ..wouldnt like to have been hit up the gub with it.

i havent been into it that long myself, but look at old maps maybe tyth maps and ordenance survey maps plus google-road-satalite ect... and look for old manors/mansions then compare them to maps nowa

Posted Images

There's some well known fort ruins not far from me, Roman, but the site goes way further back they reckon? It draws lads with metal detectors, every inch of the fort must have been done, they find nothing so try the fields nearby, i keep telling them its been opencast for coal but they don't believe me most of the time, they must just think im trying to put them off :laugh: I've always fancied a go at it though, sounds interesting :thumbs:

when i was about 11 me and a couple mates dug up 10 foot of metal pipe in a field,first basic detector i had,remember knowing at the time it was a pointless task but feck when your on something you dont want give in,panting and puffing covered from head to toe in mud left it there and walked home happy as pigs in shite at what we accomplished getting it out the ground :laugh:

• Like 1

my first day out I had 20 digs found feck all so throw the fecking thing in headge bottom , when my mate came to see if I found out I told him its sh,it this detecting lark, why he said i will fecking tell you why 20 or so digs and feck all , so when he stopped laughing he said try taking your steel toe cap boots off you daft wan,ker :duh::chair::lol:

• Like 13

It's good exercise and Craic but if you go into it thinking Youl get rich you prob have more chance winning the lottery

It's frustrating digging holes everywhere and finding bottle / can tops and ringpuls lol

Shot from shotguns gives a good signal as does coke. ( the coal variety )

Larger cans

Bits of metal worth fook all

Interference from phone lines

Your mobile lol

And don't go detecting in Hob nail or steel toe cap boots lol

The hardest part is like hunting

Obtaining permission.

Then there is rules and regs re finds

Make sure you know your stuff

finders keepers..possesion 9/10ths of the law. :laugh:

• Like 1

There's some well known fort ruins not far from me, Roman, but the site goes way further back they reckon? It draws lads with metal detectors, every inch of the fort must have been done, they find nothing so try the fields nearby, i keep telling them its been opencast for coal but they don't believe me most of the time, they must just think im trying to put them off :laugh: I've always fancied a go at it though, sounds interesting :thumbs:

google the Staffordshire hoard the farmer told the guy when he asked for permission too go ahead but he was wasting his time it had been done over and over but the guy finds a hoard of Anglo Saxon gold I think it was worth five and a half million