• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

Ross i swear I am not trying to rile him. This is completely to do with the buullshit spouted to you guys and him regurgitating it on here like it's gospel when the evidience is all around you. about how it is actually going to be. Politicians rich Scotland fuucked.

BH, if we are refused from nato( i dont agree :) ) then we probaly wont get invaded just like ireland and others.. There are also 28 countries in nato, only 3 with nukes.

The name i was thinking about was the partnership for peace

I don't believe you will get invaded either. You currently have no conflict with another state and no foreseeable reason for one. There's no current reason for you to need a powerful military capable of expeditionary/nuclear/offensive etc action. However, that sort of military is an insurance policy, you never foresee such threats.

3/28 may be nuclear armed but all 28 support that. Why will Scotland get in without showing similar support for the core reason for nato. Furthermore why will Scotland get in after intentionally hampering nato capability.

BH, if we are refused from nato( i dont agree :) ) then we probaly wont get invaded just like ireland and others.. There are also 28 countries in nato, only 3 with nukes.

I don't believe you will get invaded either. You currently have no conflict with another state and no foreseeable reason for one. There's no current reason for you to need a powerful military capable of expeditionary/nuclear/offensive etc action. However, that sort of military is an insurance policy, you never foresee such threats.

3/28 may be nuclear armed but all 28 support that. Why will Scotland get in without showing similar support for the core reason for nato. Furthermore why will Scotland get in after intentionally hampering nato capability.

Maybe England will invade them and steal their oil, just like we have done in the middle east ;) easy pickings with no defences :thumbs:

i believe when the times comes the 28 members will allow scotlands membership. scotlands position is key at a time were tensions are high with the russians, we are also next door to england and wales, if we were invaded the rest of uk would be at risk, an alliance with the uk and a member of nato will probaly happen, we wont have a massive army but we will still have well trained soldiers and good techology. we can still play a part in nato, just like the other smaller nations, just without trident, and if we are refused, its not the end of the world.

Edited by Joe1888

You don't seem to grasp it Joe, nato is principally a nuclear alliance. All the members support the combined nuclear deterent. Scotland will have taken action that reduces nato nuclear capability. The whole idea flies in the face of what nato is about. You want nato protection but will not offer Britain the capability to maintain its nato responsibilities. You want to intentionally hinder nato capability but still be under their official protection?

The only thing you have to offer is your geographical location which I don't see as' key' with the UK, Norway and Iceland being members.

You don't seem to grasp it Joe, nato is principally a nuclear alliance. All the members support the combined nuclear deterent. Scotland will have taken action that reduces nato nuclear capability. The whole idea flies in the face of what nato is about. You want nato protection but will not offer Britain the capability to maintain its nato responsibilities. You want to intentionally hinder nato capability but still be under their official protection?

The only thing you have to offer is your geographical location which I don't see as' key' with the UK, Norway and Iceland being members.

ofcourse i do and i could quote experts saying different i.e most recent a former uk ambassador to the nuclear based defence alliance

countrys around scotland might not agree, with cuts, the raf has no martitime patrol aircraft and the navy have no conventional oceon going vessels based in scotland. good to know the oil and waters at well watched, remember when all those russian ships entered scottish waters, 24 hours it took to scramble ships.. not the first time either

Edited by Joe1888